ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault clio rsi 1.8 spec

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Anyone no where i can find a spec for the above, looking on a 1995 plate.
Or anyone no the spec!!

Cheer steve

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
What kind of spec do you want?
1.8 8v,
110bhp ish,
not much slower than a valver in terms of pace but hasnt got the looks.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
thinking of getting it for a rally i am doing want to turn into a track car after, they any good for that?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Might be easier to find a valver, unless you've spotted 1 for sale

iirc the main difference between the 8v rsi & the valver is whereabouts in the rev range the peak torque come in, the rsi's is lower down

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
If you can find me a valver for 500 with a ticket then game on, but i cant go over 500 as thats the rules of the rally!!

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Yeah seen em both, already tracking/bidding both cant see them gonig for 500 nuts though!!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Do the rules say it has to be standard engine, if not look for any mk1 then buy my valver engine & drop it in ;)

ITB'd MK1
rsi is quite narrow and the handling is quite a bit worse than a valver. Still a decent car though. I'd quite like one, the F3P is a great engine

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Just done an engine swap on my car over the weekend...never again lol

Details here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=443273 ;)

Can probably get the same engine minus the new bits for a bit less, just another option as you could look at finding a non runner for a bit less money

Cheers for offer but a hell of alot of work with only 1 weekend spare running up to the event to do it all!!!!!

Im going to keep the options open on the RSI aswell but i got a feeling it has been sold!