ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio speaker issue

Renault clio 1.6 gt
Hey guys I've got a question for anyone knows about car electricals and stereos I've got a Renault clio which I put a aftermarket head unit in pioneer deh-x3600ui... every thing was working great then every so often the sound used to crackle and fade out and stop working untill I switched engine off but now is completely stoped playing sound it all powers on ok just no sound.. Has anyone had this issue it's a clio mk 2 thanks

Clio Sport 182
Hey mate,

This could happen when there are wires touching each other or on a metal panel of the car. Usually, the headunit goes into protect mode or throws up an error.

To begin with, I would first remove the aftermarket headunit and use the old one again to check the speakers are fine. If the speakers are fine then check the wiring on the aftermarket stereo pal.

Hope this helps

Renault clio 1.6 gt
Hey mate,

This could happen when there are wires touching each other or on a metal panel of the car. Usually, the headunit goes into protect mode or throws up an error.

To begin with, I would first remove the aftermarket headunit and use the old one again to check the speakers are fine. If the speakers are fine then check the wiring on the aftermarket stereo pal.

Hope this helps
OK great stuff thanks for the reply how would u suggest getting it out of protect mode as u said and will it just be the wires on the actual head unit what could be causing this at the moment I don't have another head unit as when I bought the car they wasn't one in so that's why I bought the aftermarket one

Clio Sport 182
OK great stuff thanks for the reply how would u suggest getting it out of protect mode as u said and will it just be the wires on the actual head unit what could be causing this at the moment I don't have another head unit as when I bought the car they wasn't one in so that's why I bought the aftermarket one

In order to get it out of protect mode. You usually have to just turn the ignition on and off again.

The wires is a tricky one. It could be on the unit, the speakers or anywhere in between. That's why I suggested that you try and find a different head unit just to test things out.

Renault clio 1.6 gt
In order to get it out of protect mode. You usually have to just turn the ignition on and off again.

The wires is a tricky one. It could be on the unit, the speakers or anywhere in between. That's why I suggested that you try and find a different head unit just to test things out.
Hi and thanks for the quick reply I've tested speakers and they work I've tried to reset the head unit by turning car on and off it still seems to be in protect mode and they doesn't seem to be a reset button on the head unit any other ideas would be appreciated thanks

Clio Sport 182
Hmm, on my pioneer unit in my car, you have to keep the turn the stereo off first by keeping hold of the "src" button. Once the stereo is turned off, try keeping the "scrolling / big ass / volume" button and see if you get additional options appearing on the screen. There should be something similar to "clear memory".

Hope that helps mate.