ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault do something nice for someone!!!!!!!!!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
sorry if its a repost, i see mr townsend gets a mention.

A MAN whose brother died in a car crash has been given a unique present – thanks to a Northamptonshire Police Officer.

James Foster Brookes, of Southfield Road, Northampton, lost his brother, William, in a car accident on the A428 near East Haddon in September last year. William was just 18.

Shortly afterwards his friend and Road Policing Unit officer at Northamptonshire Police David Lee, 25, approached Renault to see if the French car manufacturer would consider making a unique car in William’s memory.

Both David and James, who are big are fans of Renault cars, were bowled over when the firm agreed to make a glacier white edition of a limited edition Clio model for James.

PC Lee said: “I met Renault PR Manager Jeremy Townsend at an event on a previous occasion so I thought I would ask him to see what Renault could do.

“I was gobsmacked when he said yes and James subsequently got the car.

“For a huge car manufacturer to do something like that is incredible.

“Everyone who has heard about it could not believe that Renault did this as a one off.”

David and James first met about five years ago when the officer gave his soon to be pal a ticket for a driving offence. But shortly afterwards the pair met again through their mutual interest in Renault cars and became firm friends.

The car is the last Clio Renaultsport 197 F1 Team R27 to be built at the factory in Dieppe in Northern France.

It was the only one of the batch of 500 of the limited edition models to be painted glacier white.

James, 21, who has now paid for the car and taken delivery of it, said: “It’s a fantastic gesture by Renault.

“But it’s Will’s car. I’m only driving it for him.”

renault%20clio2.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Bet the policeman did him for his number plate, shortly after that photo was taken.

R35 GTR
Nice gesture my arse....

There are other renault sports which were issued with a unique colour....because no one wanted them.

The factory must be well equipped to deal with any colour, I hardly see getting a sale as a good gesture.

Merc A class
Tizz Old news!

Stil a top Read tho

Reanult doing something good for a change.

The clio is mint!

Tangoed Works
Yeah, Im also struggling to see where the good gesture lies if you had to pay for it. Surely its just another car sale to them?

Condoloncies on the loss though.