ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault kangoo Dci fault

Arctic Blue Clio 182
I know its not a sport but I've got a kangoo 1.5dci70 work horse and it's throwing up the stop and engine management light when the turbo comes on then goes of again once I take the foot of the throttle. Anyone any ideas what it might be. I've have it fully serviced filters and new oil plus egr valve clean and new fuel filter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Megane RS 250 cup
It might be running lean whilst on boost, try running some injector cleaner through it, as they might be struggling to squirt in enough fuel if they are all sludged up. The good thing about trying this is it'll only cost 4 or 5 quid for a bottle so if it doesn't work you are back to square one with very little outlay

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sounds like fuel system needs looking at, do leak off on the injectors and report back with how much they let out over 1 minute.

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Quick update. Tried some wynnes injector cleaner and my vans definitely running a lot smoother than before. Light will only flash on if acceraltion hard to over take between 50-60mph now and doesn't really happen any more times. Will try a few more tankful's with the injector cleaner before trying anything else. Would a tear in my air intake pipes cause any issues? Was having a look yesterday and noticed a small 30mm tear underneath my air intake pipe. Have a new pipe ordered up and a k&n filter but just checking the hole wouldn't cause any issues.

Megane RS 250 cup
A new pipe should be easy and cheap to find from any breakers, in the meantime you could duct-tape it and see if that helps. It might, then again it might not.