ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Service

Renaultsport Clio 182

Is me or does it seen that renault dealers sales and customer services people are the worst at dealing with problems?

Looking at peoples posts alot of us have had problems with our cars and reno have done nothing or charged obscene amounts of money for little jobs!

We should start a "Name and Shame" and send it to Head Office?

What are people views on this

Chris

VW Potato

i think that they employ some pretty dumb people. I gave up explaining what a third brake warning light was and took the receptionist out so i could point at one. Yesterday, a moron service manager tried to tell me Malta was in the EU (!) and that theres no such thing as cars from EU countries conforming to EU standards. Oh, and if reno ask me once more is it an import? i will scream at them THEY ARE ALL FECKING IMPORTS!!!

So, morons combined with inconsistent policy across the dealers combined with reno uks couldnt care less attitude, is a pretty good recipe for lousy service.

Merry Christmas :)

g

Ah good, someone else having a go, every renault employee ive met are stupid dumbc**ts. Name and shame is a very good idea!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Agreed, you hear of some pretty amazing examples of poor service from dealers. In the interests of balance though, we only get to hear of peoples bad experiences as a rule. How many threads do you see which say Took my car for a service today and there were no problems - none, cos its boring. Personally I have no problems with my local dealer. Theyre efficient, courteous and they dont make a fuss about my mods either.

But then they can afford to be all of these things, because they made a decent margin on my car when I bought it, and they have a reasonable expectation of selling me another Renault in a few years time. Its a perfectly simple business relationship. If they had never made any money out of me in the past, and had no hope of ever making any money from me in the future, I wouldnt expect them to give a to$$!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

like a dealer telling me my waranty was gone because i fitted a new stereo?

f**king bunch of tw*ts

this sensor thing is great

watch : f**k c**t sh*t

VW Potato

sorry, I sounded quite pompous then, its not his fault he didnt know about Malta, but its the fact he was so adamant about his point that got me annoyed. I dont mind them being dumb, but I hate their ignorance combined with their breath-taking arrogance.

And when you question something, they just go onto auto-repeat mode "its not something I know, its not something I know, its not..."

g

ok well i can offer some balance, smiths renault in peterborough, has the best renault showroom im soon and provided quick and efficient service. Plus a nice bird on reception!! Ill have to travel 200 miles to go there again though!

Everyone else is poo! Not that i ever generalise..

VW Potato

"But then they can afford to be all of these things, because they made a decent margin on my car when I bought it, and they have a reasonable expectation of selling me another Renault in a few years time. Its a perfectly simple business relationship. If they had never made any money out of me in the past, and had no hope of ever making any money from me in the future, I wouldnt expect them to give a to$$!"

With all due respect Mike, I think thats a pretty short sighted and pretty short term way of dealer thinking. If they want my business in the future, whether they have profitted from me in the past or not, then they need to think long term and that means good service wherever I got my car from. Good service should be a consistent brand value to ALL customers ALL the time, not to selective customers or reno will never build a reputation as a company that provides quality service. As way of comparison, I treat my ex-clients as well as my current clients because in 12months when their circumstances have changed again, I know theyll coming asking for me again. Same should be true in all service industries.

g

VW Potato

name and shame might carry legal implications so be careful.

On the Alfa site, (we have similar dealer issues) we have a recommended dealers section by region. Dealers are recomended by established forum members (you can guess what were trying to avoid...). The implication is that if youve not been recommended youre probably a lousy dealer. It is still in its infancy and it is dependent on members submitting a review, but might be worth a try here?

g

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

some quotes from my local dealer

"the gearbox is fine" - no oil and fractured housing

"im sorry sir we dont have your car" - its on ramp 2 in the workshop

"You do know that by fitting a new gearknob your warranty is invalid"

"Fitting a non approved renault stereo will void your warranty and insurance"

oh and they once kept my car in for two days to fix the handbrake a job which takes under an hour.

oh dear i have more if you want them

Reg Vardy Sheffield:

"No sir, we dont have the facilities to change a wheel here" - 5 minutes before charging me £15 to change a wheel.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Not been to my local in Northampton lately, but EVO magazine hated them when they took their clios there on several occasions so I dont hold out much hope on them being any good. As Peterborough is only 30 miles away I may go there instead.

Collected new V6 20th. Decmeber 2002.

Called out AA on the 30th. December 2002, battery flat.

Phoned Dealer on the 31st. December 2002 as he had not returned the call on the 30th. December 2002, telling him battery U.S.

Says he has not one in stock and will take two to three days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On call out on the 1st. January 2003, car will not start, cannot wait two hours for the AA. One phone call and Halfords have one in stock. Collect and fit, no problem since.

Still awaiting call to say battery has come in.

Good service ?

All the best

John V6

Reg Vardy Renault in Sunderland and at Stoneygate near Houghton-le-Spring. I have a good relationship with the guy that sold mine to me (and three others to people in the family) and whenever I want something doign I ring him and he arranges it, he even likes the mods!

So, I vote top Renault dealership for service Reg Vardy Renault @ Stoneygate, Sunderland (even have a quick service bay!)

on the other side of the coin the bodyshop for Reg vardys (another Renault dealership) on the Felling Bypass in Gateshead are a bunch of arrogant !!"""£$$^£$^$£"$£$ to say the least, they seem to think that damaging a customers car (not mine but I watched the mechanic do it) is ok, they then blamed the customer for the damage. They are arrogant and generally not nice to know. Strange how 15 miles make such a difference.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 21 January 2003

With all due respect Mike, I think thats a pretty short sighted and pretty short term way of dealer thinking. If they want my business in the future, whether they have profitted from me in the past or not, then they need to think long term and that means good service wherever I got my car from. Good service should be a consistent brand value to ALL customers ALL the time, not to selective customers or reno will never build a reputation as a company that provides quality service. As way of comparison, I treat my ex-clients as well as my current clients because in 12months when their circumstances have changed again, I know theyll coming asking for me again. Same should be true in all service industries.

g
Cant disagree with any of that - and Im of the same opinion when it comes to my customers too. I dont think that many of the dealers see themselves as part of corporate Renault though - theyre XYZ motors of nowheretown, and their profits some from car sales and servicing, not warranty work. I absolutely believe that a big RENAULT sign outside the garage should give us some reassurance of service from the company that ultimately supplied us with our cars (whether import, UK or secondhand). Trouble is, it doesnt. We know it doesnt, the evidence is all too obvious in this thread. Im not sure about naming and shaming the culprits and sending info to Renault, but if dealerships are particularly bad we should certainly tell each other about it on here.

I seem to remember Mercedes being called to account for a similar catalogue of woe on the TV a while ago, so its obviously not peculiar to Renault either. Its a pity its so common, theres nothing worse than shelling out a huge sum and finding out the next day that youre not regarded as a customer any more.

never has a poblem with merc, in fact everytime my mums goes in, no matter how big or small the job is it is always cleaned inside and out.

Matt

GR7

Shiny red R32

Our BMW garage always valets our car and they even hang a little tag inside to say it has been valeted!

Our local independent garage always does this if the car is in for a service. They have a nice older guy, retired from driving ambulances, who loves cleaning cars, collecting and delivering them to the customers and loves his job - unlike the moaning firefighters who should just get on with their jobs!

:)

Went to Reno Manchester just before Christmas for a 27,000

safety check the f**kers left me oil filler cap off the engine bay

was covered in sh*t took it back they kissed my arse some then

cleaned it nothing like quality work!

Makes me laugh when i phoned reno uk in Dec. Asked about the cup upgrades and they said "Clio Cup whats that?" "Our upgrades are xenon lights etc."

I said its the 172 but lightweight version, she still insisted on the xenon lights, first aid kit as an upgrade tho. Told her to read the Cup brochure.