ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Stereos and CD-Rs

Leon TDI

Has anyone got their factory fitted Renault stereo to play CD-Rs?

My 172 mk1 CD changer fails to read any CD-Rs i burn. So is this just my unit, my CD media or an evil ploy by Renault to cut down on music piracy?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

My Disc changer in my 172 plays CDRs fine, havent tried the head unit to be honest.

Ill try it out tomorrow if no one else replies.

The one in my 2001 Dynamique+ plays CD-Rs fine, its the standard single CD head unit with no changer. Never had a problem with it. I havent tried CD-RWs but I doubt it would play them.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

My 172 HU plays CD-Rs fine in the HU and the changer, are you finalising the disks when you burn them ?

Leon TDI

Hmm, strange, the disks work fine in my home stereo so i must be finalising them correctly.

These are cheap Dixons own make disks, i suppose i should try some branded disks and see if they work.

big red bus

Maybe its cos of the unevan road !!!
Might give it a small 10sec skip or summin so it dont get damaged ??

ive got a mk1 172 and the changer doesnt play copied "compilation" cdrs but sometimes plays "actual" copies that i got down the market but not the a "actual" album copies that ive burned, does that make any sense? im going to change my HU anyways, because i cant play half my cds!

When you copy a disc you have to finisise the copy, if you nurn it as an audio cd and not a CD-ROM, then it will work on any sterieo

Ive also got a MK1 172 and I find it quite temperamental. Some disks work without a problem but others will say No disk or disk read error. They all work fine in the normal PC CD drive, not burner.