ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Test Drive Event 2004

Audi TT Quattro

Renault Test Drive Event 2004

What a wicked day...........

Test drive in the Megane CC... Petrol/automatic.... lovely gearbox.... but im not impressed by the car...... alot of bodyflex.........

We then had a test drive in the Vel Satis...... drooool.... diesel/manual..... what a lovely car...... i want 1..... i really do!!! ugly cars... but its such a joy to drive.......

After abusing them 2 cars... i gave a Laguna Sports Tourer some stick on the safety track.... :D :D i wanted to take my Megane on it ;) I frightened the Car safety driver in a laguna sports tourer when i slammed the car around the cones, with mega understeer!!! with all the driving aids turned off.....

Heres the pictures...
http://www.xtr.me.uk/gallery/RenaultTestDrive2004http://www.xtr.me.uk/gallery/RenaultTestDrive2004

Ive got loads of freebies..

Whats the deal about these days, got one of these days booked for next week but the test drives arnt till later is it worth getting there very early to get on the safelty track?

Audi TT Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 08 August 2004

Whats the deal about these days, got one of these days booked for next week but the test drives arnt till later is it worth getting there very early to get on the safelty track?
I got there 1 hour early.... its a first come first served basis.... plenty space available.... but if ya want a specific time... get there early.... if ya prepared to hang about for an hour or so then ya have no problems........

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 08 August 2004

how did you get on that then? do you work for renault?

nope... i got a special invite via email from Renault.... Randomly selected I guess....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i bet the v6 deisal velsatis goes a lot better with the manual box as there not bad with the auto.

Ford Fiesta

i went on one at harewood house in 2002 they havnt offered me the chance since, maybe cos Ive bought 2 new renaults from them they dont need to sell them to me.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I got the call too...but when I went to book which cars to drive there was nothing special. Would have loved a drive in the M255

Audi TT Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Blackman on 10 August 2004

I was invited to this, I cant believe I didnt go. :(

Ya missed a very good day.......... ya should have came... i loved it...

hope i get invited to some more of these "special" events.........

i probably wont though... as the questionaire that i filled in ask which car are you planning purchasing next.............. it wasnt a renault :D heheh