ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault tried to pull my pants down!! :-0

Abarth 500
My lovely (but broken) valver is up at Bridges Renault stealer in Cirencester at the moment whilst they try and work out exactly how buggered it is.

I took it up there with a flat battery which I didn't think would matter but got a phone call from the service desk saying they were going to stick a new one in for me as the current one wasnt holding its charge. With fitting, they wanted to rape me for £75!!! I told them not to and that I would collect the car, bump start it out of the garage and deliver it back within half an hour with a new battery fitted. By the time I got up there (approx 10 mins) they told me that they had tried a different machine and the battery was now holding its charge so no need to replace!

Were they just trying to make a quick 75 bucks or does this sound believable??

One with a few more
This is another case of a dealership trying their luck, imo.\how many machines can there be?
I'd be tempted to try a respected independant garage in your area instead

Vee dub
I used Bridges Cirencester a few times for my car but it just got too expensive!

They were superb with service though, can't fault them.

Abarth 500
I can't fault their service - just their sales methods!

I did originally take the car to a friendly local mechanic but he suggested I take it to Renault to find out exactly whats wrong and then let him fix it!

Why would you use a dealership for anything other than warranty work :S

3 years + and it never goes back!

clio 16v
yep when my sunroof motor broke, reno in Coulsdon told me that everything on the sunroof needed replacing, glass all the seals, etc, despite the fact that I told them what was wrong, and even supplied a spare motor!! they said they had to be sure everything would be ok, and wanted to charge me 1,000 pounds. !!!

ITB'd 172 POPTART
You know those bolts that hold the engine cover on the RS models (non Cups)? Well renault tried there luck in charging me for a set of bolts which came loose in due time. Bumped my gums and told them to ram it. After fixing my car they told me that the bolts are on order at no charge to myself! trying to make abit of money here n there.

Craig