ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault UK working hard

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive got to hand it to Renault UK, they are making huge efforts to improve on the areas which have let them down the most.

The Trophy is my 3rd Renaultsport Clio and 2nd purchased from Renault Birmingham.

When I purchased the 182 the buying experience was pretty good and my salesman knew what he was talking about, but after that I didnt hear anything further.

Since picking up the Trophy Ive had a courtesy call from the sales guy, a call from RUK on how the dealer did and what I think of the car, my accident management pack (which I didnt get before) then today I got a nice pack thanking me for buying another Renault and a load of info on where I stand legally with regard to problems or warranty stuff. The car is also in tomorrow for its post delivery check (as well as to have a couple of faults fixed) which is another new initiative which wasnt around last year when I purchased the 182.

Renault Birmingham have also had a total refit which was completed around this time last year, they now have modern pleasant premises (a fit receptionist at times), and a new booking system for work which means you have a dedicated service person looking after you for as long as you are in the garage.

Anyway, so I just thought Id post something nice about Renault seeing as they are putting in a lot of effort into improving customer service and the buyer/owner experience.

The dealers are still the weak point, and there knowledge of the Renaultsport range isnt great but they are getting better.

Lee

Im not feeling any of that...

Ive contemplated dousing my local franchise with petrol this evening after they failed to contact me for the sixth time today.

Keep an eye on the southeren news LOL

If you own a renault under 3 years old they seem to have a heart :(

106 GTi

Had the follow up calls, the accident pack and another call to make where they asked if it had come back in March/April. The salesman also phoned a couple of times to see how the car was going.

I couldnt fault the dealer/salesman throughout the buying process off mine. Phone calls everyweek to give a progress report.

Was no mention of any after delivery check up though.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 27 July 2005
Had the follow up calls, the accident pack and another call to make where they asked if it had come back in March/April. The salesman also phoned a couple of times to see how the car was going.

I couldnt fault the dealer/salesman throughout the buying process off mine. Phone calls everyweek to give a progress report.

Was no mention of any after delivery check up though.

Thats something Renault Brum have started to do.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by jimbers45 on 28 July 2005
Lee, If you dont mind, what little faults on yer Trophy....just for reference?

Nothing major, just a common 172/182 fault with the engine temperature sensor being a bit erratic causing it to think the engine is cold a lot of the time.

Ive got a nice little 1.5 DCi today. Very relaxing.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

The dealers are always the weak point

Renault are a very good company that go to extensive lengths to look after there customers. They are unable to reflect thereselves through there dealers as these are only franchises. They try there best but some dealers do let them down. Renault check the franchises with tests and visits performed every few months to try and maintain there high level of customer satisfaction. On the whole they are a very good company with high standards and good intentions.

golf

Do you work for Renault J3ned! I work for a renault dealer and the above things you mentioned are a load of rubbish! They do try and maintain high standards with new car orders but the control process they have in place for new car order take follow up is the biggest farce ever! + their order system is crap to! So dont just point to the franchise link in the chain as generally problems start their way at the top and work their way down!

Lee the follow up phone call from Renault and the dealer is prt of the control process renault set. Called CSI! Not everyone gets it though!

[Edited by st33ly on 28 July 2005 at 2:12pm]

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

For both of my new clios i have had follow up calls and accident packs. Never really had any problems. Occasionally you have to chase them a bit. But other than that been perfectly happy with the service i recieved buying my clios.

Octavia VRS

Renault Livingston (now Reg Vardy) gave my dad a courtesy call when he got his last car from there as this was this 3rd Renault in a row. Howere I think RUK only phoned you Lee because you have a car thats in a limited run, cant see them phoning everyone who has bought another new Clio/Meg/Laguna etc

Good to see they are better than when I got my car!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 28 July 2005 at 2:33pm]

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I had the courtesy call from the sales manager, a call from the warranty manager to introduce himself and promise his personal attention on the niggles I identified post-delivery, the accident pack and being a V6 a special metal V6 box with some bits and pieces in and a letter from the head of Renault Europe or some such.

Ive yet to have any problems with warranty work either (apart from the fact that Ive needed some). Certainly helps having somebody working on your car you trust 100% (Mike172) since means that I know no corners are being cut or things being left undone to save costs. So far a new sidepod, clutch, fly wheel, loads of Mikeys time, and all without any need for me to chase or intervene at the dealer.

Also when it was in unexpectedly at another dealer last week they were efficient too ... tho the service reception guy did worry me when he said something like "so thats one of the funny mid-engined things".

Lets (a) hope I stop having issues (tho I have got a new one with the emissions light on) and (b) hope that when it is required the dealers remain this good.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 27 July 2005

Ive got to hand it to Renault UK, they are making huge efforts to improve on the areas which have let them down the most.

The Trophy is my 3rd Renaultsport Clio and 2nd purchased from Renault Birmingham.

Lee
Think they must have read the Which? report in which they didnt do very well Lee!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 28 July 2005
lee it will only be bacause you know JT lol

I try not to mention that. ;) Except for when I placed the order and they didnt know what the car actually was.

GR7, that doesnt surprise me, I wouldnt use Renault Birmingham in the past they were so bad, but they have made some huge improvements over the last 12 months.

Clio 182

I had a call from Renault asking me if I was still interested in buying a 182 - told them Id had one for quite some time...

Oh joy, just had a call to say my ignition barrel is in so its off for some more warranty work next week ;-)

golf

You dont just get a call because youve got a special edition. Every new car order goes thru the COF number and once youve recieved the car the sales person that sold it to you is supposed to phone you in three days after point of delivery. Once he/she has contacted you a contract company working on behalf of renault contact you between 10 - 35 days after point of delivery. They dont phone everyone just a percentage of total vehicles taxed that month @ that particular dealership. They even contact motability customers also but not fleet. If the total percentage score is lower than 83% the dealer only gets paid a percentage of the CSI score bonus money. The word everyone should be saying is "completly Satisfied!!!"

If it drops below a certain percentage then renault place the whole dealership on a training programme to help improve their CSI score!

Elise/VX220/R26

its about time they whipped their service network into shape as they are sh*te. The dealer I have has 1 capable tech and thats it!