ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series - Donington - 10/09/2006

tomsteer

ClioSport Club Member
I was having a Zoom catch up with my mates and we were looking back through old photos, stumbled on these, completely forgot we'd gone to this!

Renault World Serires at Donington Park - 10/09/2006.

Enjoy!

P1120747-2.jpg
P1120748-2.jpg
P1120752-2.jpg
P1120753-2.jpg
P1120754-2.jpg
P1120755-2.jpg
P1120756-2.jpg
P1120758-2.jpg
P1120759-2.jpg
P1120760-2.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I wish I was around when stuff like this happened!

I was still in school at the time and the only s**t that goes on nowadays gets ruined by some c**t trying to do a burnout in a mapped Fabia VRS with popcorn limiter and an Astra VXR on air just bashing the c**t to redline so it pop and bangs

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I went to the 2011 event too was a great day out and free entry iirc. The highlight being Jean Ragnotti throwing the R5 Turbo about. Have got some pictures but they are shite phone ones so not worth the bother of uploading.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I went to 2008 World series when I passed my test. We camped nearby on a very busy site. Was wicked weekend

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Went to that in my old white R5gtt. Free parade laps, Renault hospitality all day and the gala do on the night with free drink. Great era, must have cost Ren a fortune.

Its a shame the last couple went down the pan with the freeloaders, cars on display damaged etc, and i think they knocked the parade laps and gala do on the head so i didnt bother going:LOL:

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I think this pic was 2006 WSR. Im sure i only missed the first and last one.
896A23E5-A034-403C-8465-EEF1472CFDA4.jpeg
Can remember seeing the megane r26 when new, and thinking it was awful. Also can remember the ph1 172 cup racers, and the megane trophy racers. They were so loud when on full chat.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Later WSR poss 2010? I couldnt make the Saturday so let my mate take my gtt. He took all the glory and got pissed on the gala evening and i ended up driving down on the Sunday in my daily driver:LOL: He did get my drivers side sunvisor signed by Jean Ragnotti though so can let him off.

I recall this was the year when the chavs were trying to get in the cars to have a sit in, thinking they were allowed, some cars were damaged etc.

Got all the plaques from them, should get them up on the garage wall
27AB20B1-37F0-4D66-82FD-971B82ABD896.jpeg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yep, knew it, 2014, think i sold it almost immediately on as the red car came up :)

Brooklands 1.jpg
Brooklands 2.jpg
Brooklands 3.jpg