ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repair cost

went out 5 hours ago in my car, now i have returned minus my car :( The AA bloke said there was no compression and that the cambelt might have gone. He didnt bother checking the cambelt tho as there was little he could have done if that wasnt the problem anyway. The car was dropped off at Arley Hill garage in Bristol. Just wondering what kind of dent this will make in my wallet?! :confused:

The car was stationary when the car cut out/belt came off, so hopefully there wasnt much damage done to the engine. Any estimates on how much this will cost? Im glad i won £95 at ladbrokes now!

How old is the car?

If you have bent any valves etc its going to be expensive might be well looking for a new engine.

Clio 197

My dads N Clio 1.2 had a cam belt go too... luckily, he was idling at the time, and not much damage happened.

Tried to get hold of him for costs, but cant find him. Will post costs if I can get them.

As for the car... cant understand it myself... I have heard of a few peoples clios doing that (from that generation)... not impressed really...