ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repairing Alcantara 172 Seats?

2002 Clio Sport 172
I've had my 172 phase 2, 2 weeks sadly the front drivers seat, and the rear bottom of the back bench have a small fag burn on them.. anyone ever had their seats repaired? or would it be cheaper to buy new seats?

Thanks Gemma

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hiya Gemma .

I had a fag burn in my drivers seat alcantara . I used a guy from a company called Trimline . He did and invisible smart repair and recoloured the bolster on the drivers seat for £30 .I'd say that the hole was 99% invisible , i could tell it was there only because i knew it was there , other people couldn't see it .

They have franchises all over the country , give em a bell for the nearest guy to you .

http://www.trimline-systems.com/index.html

Renault 5 GT Turbo
MRBILLYUK said:
Hiya Gemma .

I had a fag burn in my drivers seat alcantara . I used a guy from a company called Trimline . He did and invisible smart repair and recoloured the bolster on the drivers seat for £30 .I'd say that the hole was 99% invisible , i could tell it was there only because i knew it was there , other people couldn't see it .

They have franchises all over the country , give em a bell for the nearest guy to you .

http://www.trimline-systems.com/index.html

People like these are called Trim Doctors..and they are very good for small repairs..
Anything bigger needs a re trim and are costly..

Ffi Ffi
www.gibsonandboyne.com

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ My fag burn was only about 5 mm so the smart repair was the best option for me . No point trying to crack a nut with a sledge hammer .

The guy was very knowledgeable , he also did leather panel replacements or complete leather retrims .

I guess its like any sort of repair , its only going to be as good as the skill of the person doing it .

Renault 5 GT Turbo
MRBILLYUK said:
^^^^ My fag burn was only about 5 mm so the smart repair was the best option for me .

The guy was very knowledgeable , he also did leather panel replacements or complete leather retrims .

I guess its like any sort of repair , its only going to be as good as the skill of the person doing it .

Exactly..when they are that small and if you can get away with it then its a good option..
We can do repairs like these too but charge more than the Trim Doctors because working on these small repairs take us away from doing our main work..
If someone calls us up wanting a repair such as the one mentioned above I will always recommend a trim doctor as the only time we will do repairs such as these are for our own customers that we did the original work for if you know what I mean..

Ffi Ffi
www.gibsonandboyne.com

2002 Clio Sport 172
thanks for the replys guys, yeah i was bidding on the back section of the 172 seat, then he removed it before the end of auction ;o(

My burn mark is only small like yours, prob. about 5mm too, so i will give them a ring..
thanks alot

Gemma