ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replaced air filter back to standard - What a difference!

RB 182 cup
My car came with a pipercross cone filter. I took it out and replaced it with a standard box and it has made quite a bit of difference.

There is no growl anymore but the accelerator feels a lot sharper and it just seems to shift through the gears a lot quicker

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I'm also thinking of comparing the std paper element to the ITG panel that i'm running at the moment. Guy i bought it off looks to have used a whole bottle of filter oil on it-imagine it isn't doing through flow any favours :dead:

Be quite interested to see which feels best once i've serviced & 'lightly' re-oiled it v the std paper effort.

n/a
i've actually got rid of my powertec one over the weekend and put my stantard one back in! its much more responsive and it pulls better, next up is the v6 airbox because everyone who has it dont have a bad thing to say about it other than its a bit of a b!tcH to fit but better than standard 1 :approve:

RB 182 cup
yeah it pulls loads smoother. It feels like there is a slight less of an urge after 5k but pulls better lower down the rev range

RB 182 cup
I was thinking now of getting a panel filter...but i dont think i will even bother with that. Im happy with it completely standard TBH

Not got a car
get a k&N panel filter, only £35 with free P&P off ebay, Will make bit of dif and never needs replacing.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
have had the same experience.. changing from a ITG to OEM.

Franx mate-was yours the ITG panel or the tube filter? I need to sort mine, it looks so restricitive. I'm going to get a std paper filter and try the difference this w/e.