ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement Xenon Bulbs

Clio 182 FF
What's the best replacement Xenon bulbs?

For the standard HID Xenon headlights that are factory fitted to a 182… D2S is the bulb size I think.

I'd read good things on other forums about the Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense (if you could stomach the cost of them being £140 a pair :mad:), but I did a search on here and saw that Pedro & ado found that they didn't work well with the projector units in the 182 headlights.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I also have the above and they are the best bang for your buck with the correct colour

Clio 182 FF
What I want:

Light output - the more the merrier, so at least standard.
Colour - possibly slightly more blue/white than standard, but not much if any. No offence to those who like it, but I definitely don't want to be going for the bright blue/purple ricer look of HID kits in reflector headlights that you see on other cars :p.

I'd read good things on other forums about the Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense (if you could stomach the cost of them being £140 a pair :mad:), but I did a search on here and saw that @Pedro & @ado found that they didn't work well with the projector units in the 182 headlights.

I'm running them and find they are very bright, I'm more than happy with them. IIRC I paid around £100 for a pair so shop around a little! However they aren't very blue imo, its only the edges of the beam that have the blue tint.

Clio 182 FF
Hmm... wonder what Pedro & ado found wrong with them then?

Can you remember where you got yours from Ade182?

A bit more googling and other popular ones seem to be the Philips Xenon Xtreme Vision and the Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited. Anyone tried those?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm not sure if I ever said they didn't work well in the 182 because I only had a 200 running bi xenon projectors. The bulbs had good output and was mainly white. I would recommend them but a smooth projector lens brings out the best in them.

Hello guys, Not been here in awhile!

Basically the bulbs were bought at HID4U, so a pretty reputable company. The problem lay not with the bulbs but in actual fact the beam pattern configuration in the head units. The beam output was good, however the pattern was hit and miss. I got Fred to check it out and it wasn't worth touching.

Clio 182 FF
I only had a 200 running bi xenon projectors. The bulbs had good output and was mainly white. I would recommend them but a smooth projector lens brings out the best in them.
Sounds impressive work! Unfortunately replacing the projectors inside the 182 headlights would be a bit beyond my skill! Would be nice though to replace the high-beam reflector with a second projector for Bi-Xenons :cool:.

The beam output was good, however the pattern was hit and miss. I got Fred to check it out and it wasn't worth touching.
Sorry if I'm being stupid, but what does this mean?
I thought that the different between the different HID bulbs would only be the colour and brightness? I thought that despite whatever bulbs you put in, you would always have the same beam pattern as that's what the projector lens itself does?