ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing aftermarket back to oem stereo

Renault Clio 200
Hi, I’m new here just after some advice,

I’m putting my stereo back to oem, when I’ve gone to connect all back together there’s one connection that doesn’t seem to go anywhere and the unit isn’t powering up
Any ideas?
Thanks
3A9D6F47-2008-44C7-9608-5E203FF7ABE0.jpeg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Is it the correct stereo for the car? a mk3 came with a few different ones. That looks like the aftermarket wiring harness, trace it back and see if there is a connector block

you will also need to remove the metal cage from the inside of the housing on the dashboard.

Renault Clio 200
Is it the correct stereo for the car? a mk3 came with a few different ones. That looks like the aftermarket wiring harness, trace it back and see if there is a connector block

you will also need to remove the metal cage from the inside of the housing on the dashboard.

I found out when I traced it back it was the harness for the aftermarket one 🤦🏽‍♂️ But I bought the sat nav Version off eBay and it’s wrong. I need the none Bluetooth one but can’t find one anywhere

thanks for you reply

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
from memory there is a TomTom Sat nav one (also available in gloss black):
912dcbf4cf014829beaefc9fdc1f2762.jpg

a Bluetooth one with no sat nav (possibly the same unit, they at least look the same!):
04112010236.jpg

and then the non bluetooth, non sat nav one which looks like this:
01012012178.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it’s the none blue tooth I’ve got as I’ve got the same stork as you behind the wheel, but no one has one 🤦🏽‍♂️ Now I’m radioless 😂
The problem you will probably come up against is those units were terrible for the coating on the front peeling off so people will just skip them rather than sell them.

This seller is breaking a car that has one but the front has suffered the same failure: Breaking Renault Clio Mk3 3Dr Silver TED69 1.5DCI K9K766 JR5124 Rear View Mirror | eBay

post a pick of the wiring your car has behind the head unit as i suspect there will be another unit from the range that fits.

Renault Clio 200
The problem you will probably come up against is those units were terrible for the coating on the front peeling off so people will just skip them rather than sell them.

This seller is breaking a car that has one but the front has suffered the same failure: Breaking Renault Clio Mk3 3Dr Silver TED69 1.5DCI K9K766 JR5124 Rear View Mirror | eBay

post a pick of the wiring your car has behind the head unit as i suspect there will be another unit from the range that fits.

the sat nav one I have fits and powers up but doesn’t seem to do anything else, yeah I’ve noticed some of the faces seem to be abit worn