ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing iPhone 3gs battery.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone done it themselves? Can get genuine batteries for £10ish.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks easy on the vids? What trouble did you have? I'm usually good at things like that to.

Go cry to your momma!
From memory, the battery alone is pretty easy to change.

You can pick genuine items up for £5 or so. Well worth popping a new one in at 18months+

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks easy on the vids? What trouble did you have? I'm usually good at things like that to.

The main issue was the connection for the earpiece and sensors on the logic board. It looks like is has a little white flap that lifts up so you can pull the ribbon cable out, DONT lift the white bit! i managed to break the connector and bend the pins in the process, it now need sending away to have a new connector put on.

It is the small white connector on the left of the board, the actual bit that lifts off to release the cable is the small black piece and unless you have really steady hands it isn't going back on.

iphone3gstear-090619-6.jpg

The battery is right under neath the logic board so it has to be taken out too.