ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing the front speakers? Clio MkIII

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
Hey everyone,

Im replacing my front speakers this week on my Clio MkIII(latest shape)

I was just wanting to know the best way to replace the tweeter in the dash?

Would be good to get some info from someone who has done this.

Cheers,

Steve

I popped them out from the top of the dash, took a while and had to be very carefull doing it, as not to break the tweeter grilles. The correct way would be to remove the dash first though.

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
ok mate i'll try just popping them out.

Surely you don't have to take the dash out to replace them properly?

wouldnt bother tbh the sound difference wil be minimal unless you are changing main components like the HU etc.... need to have the power going the speakers first then you can change them all for good ones IMO.
Taking the dash out is a big job i think.

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
wouldnt bother tbh the sound difference wil be minimal unless you are changing main components like the HU etc.... need to have the power going the speakers first then you can change them all for good ones IMO.

I have an Alpine iDA X100 HU and Rockford Fosgate Power T152c Coaxial's in the rear and T152s Components for the front. This will sound great and produce real sound.

Has anyone ever replace the tweeters in a MkIII?

Yeah obviously its only worth changing the tweeters as part of a new component pack up front, and amping them is required really to get the best sound from them. I replaced the tweeters on my mk3 yes. Josh

vaux cavalier

I have an Alpine iDA X100 HU and Rockford Fosgate Power T152c Coaxial's in the rear and T152s Components for the front. This will sound great and produce real sound.

Has anyone ever replace the tweeters in a MkIII?

But will you be using an amp to drive them???
Will you also be using a sub or subs???

If no on both counts then imo you've wasted your money.....
If amping them and running without a sub, again imo a waste of money.....
If your amping them and running a sub, then they should be quite good, (assuming you instal them correctly)....

TCe 100 Dynamique
Yes I have changed tweeters and door speakers to my Clio.

Tweeters are very difficult to get out and put back in without breaking the grilles.

The other went quite alrite, but the other did not. I broke it. The new one costs about 20 euros in Renault.

The problem I still have, is that I cannot get the other replaced tweeter back any more. Like it would not fit in any more. I do not know if I broke some clips also in the dashboard. It does not look very good like that, but I have no solution so it stays so.

I replaced the original speakers with Pioneer model that is designed for the Clio 3.

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
But will you be using an amp to drive them???
Will you also be using a sub or subs???

If no on both counts then imo you've wasted your money.....
If amping them and running without a sub, again imo a waste of money.....
If your amping them and running a sub, then they should be quite good, (assuming you instal them correctly)....

Just to update on this thread, yes an amp is being used.

Not quite sure where your coming from when saying running them without a sub would be a waste of money.
Amp'd quality components sound great, and after spending money on all of this im hardly going to install incorrectly!

the idea is that you will have the comps amped to take all the treble and mid frequencies and a sub to do the lower frequencies,if not your comps will have to try and do all which is why its a waste of money

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
the idea is that you will have the comps amped to take all the treble and mid frequencies and a sub to do the lower frequencies,if not your comps will have to try and do all which is why its a waste of money

Agreed mate thats what im doing.

Out of interest as your an audio man, i've noticed Rockford Fosgates 8" sub. How would this sound mate?

Reason i like it is because i need the boot space, but want good sound aswell?

Cheers