ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing the standard brake parts like for like

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It seems everyone on here just dumps Brembo HC's and Ferodo DS2500's on their 1*2's, so I'm going to be different just stick to standard stuff, since it's done me fine for 2 and a half years so far.

Does anyone know the best place to just pop in to pick up all the bits? I have Renault garages near me, Halfrauds and probably a ECP nearby.

Part numbers etc would be appreciated :p

I'm replacing all discs and pads

Black 197
I'd get the rear discs from renault as they come fully prepared i.e abs ring attached and bearing already pressed... I bought my front discs from All parts and they were something silly like £40 for the pair, Pads for front and rear i bought there too and were something like £25 for front and £20 for rear... Need a hand fitting mate ?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They might be Warren, but I've had enough of calling my insurance company this week :p

Is it worth getting all of it from Renault, or are they silly money? :p

I should be fine Ross, got a mate coming over once I figure out where to get the parts from

I've recently replaced my discs with Brembo HC as they are cheaper than Renault and highly regarded but stuck with Renault pads. I didn't want squealing brakes that come with DS2500. The OE pads I have are Ferodo and seem more than adquate for enthusiastic fast road driving.engine

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I didn't declare brake pads/discs. I don't declare if I change my tyres,so why brakes?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't actually bought anything yet :p

Went to Renault to find out prices.. they wanted 99 quid + vat for the pair of front disks, and 44 quid + vat for the front pads :p

Clio 172 RS2
I've recently replaced my discs with Brembo HC as they are cheaper than Renault and highly regarded but stuck with Renault pads. I didn't want squealing brakes that come with DS2500. The OE pads I have are Ferodo and seem more than adquate for enthusiastic fast road driving.engine

(Ferodo) DS-2500 squeal?

I guess you got these mixed up with Carbone Lorraine!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
I got std renault discs and mintex pads for the rear for £120 from ebay
I image you could get std pads and discs for the front for about £80 I paid £105 with brembo HC's and std pads from GSF

Didn't want the hassle of squeaks and the extra brake dust..