ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reproduction from a print, and sorting negatives...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
(copy pasted from another forum as I'm lazy)

I've got some old photos/prints of my late father's, I've got the negs in a box somewhere but there's a few specific shots I want to make decent enough copies of.

Now rather than spend a stupid amount of time going through the 2 big boxes of stuff I have is there a way I can get a good reproduction from using the print itself or should I really hold out and wait to dig the negs out?

Also if you had a couple of boxes of negatives that you wanted to sort/catalogue what's the best way to go about it? :/

Are there companies out there where you could send them off and they send them back x days later alond with some dvds with them scanned in and all indexed/catalogues nicely say in folders? And if so, is it stupidly expensive?

(forgive me but I'm an idiot with this kind of thing, all I know is I have some lovely pictures I want to do stuff with but don't know where to start!)

Cheers!

106 GTi
How big do you want the print to be reproduced at ? I had some prints scannned in hi res at a local repro house and they looked ok printed the same size, any sort of blow up and I would take the time to find the Negs.