ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reprogramming remote yourself

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've got an eBay virgin remote with a new transponder chip which I'll need to get programmed at a locksmith and of course cut a new blade.

Does anyone know whether you can reprogram a Clio 182 remote yourself and what the procedure is? Just the part which controls the alarm and central locking.

Cheers!

Volvo S60 T5
You need a clip system , immobiliser code and you need to know how to do it.
Or you can use any decent key programmer, but that will cost way more than paying to have it coded.

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You need a clip system , immobiliser code and you need to know how to do it.
Or you can use any decent key programmer, but that will cost way more than paying to have it coded.
I saw a tutorial saying to press the unlock button in the car for 5 seconds, turn off on the ignition etc - I assume that doesn't work?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I saw a tutorial saying to press the unlock button in the car for 5 seconds, turn off on the ignition etc - I assume that doesn't work?

That's to do with key re-synchronisation, not actual reprogramming mate.