ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resin water filters?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The ones that remove lime scale for rising car, anyone recommend any brands or sites?
Rough cost & how long do they last before new resin required?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@leedsboy don't you have one of these?
Aye not used it in ages because I couldn’t get hold of the resin in Covid then just went to towel drying since.

I got mine second hand but they all pretty much do the same thing tbh. How long resin lasts depends on how often you use it, whether you use it for the whole wash or just a rinse off etc.

Get yourself a TDS meter and just check it every so often

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Aye not used it in ages because I couldn’t get hold of the resin in Covid then just went to towel drying since.

I got mine second hand but they all pretty much do the same thing tbh. How long resin lasts depends on how often you use it, whether you use it for the whole wash or just a rinse off etc.

Get yourself a TDS meter and just check it every so often

Cheers seen 11L with resin for £100 seen anything better?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Can't you just buy DI water from one of those dispenser things?

Isn't it a penny a litre or something mad?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers seen 11L with resin for £100 seen anything better?

Yeah that's decent tbh.

Same size as the one I've got from Vyair.

What resin is that MB115 or 151.

151 is the one you want really, lasts longer in hard water areas and would last ages in soft water.

How long it lasts is pretty variable, but you should get at least a year if using every week/other week.

As said, get yourself a TDS meter off Amazon and when you start getting readings of 3-5ppm I think that's when they say you start getting spotting.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I bought one, used it for a few months.
Left water in it , it stank and didn't do the job

Bought more resin, filled it, left it out and it froze and ruined the resin.

If you're a half job like me it's a waste of money...

Tea Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand what that means.

The water these companies offer isn't hard or soft, it's........................................................just water?
He means he lives in an area with hard water

Sheffield has hard water. Possibly the worst ever, trying to get suds with that f**king shite in the shower is like trying to plait piss

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Our water is hard as f**k. Eventually I’d like a proper water softener on the water main coming in

IMG_8309.jpeg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Vyair 11liter one. It's absolutely brilliant in the heat, wash with Adam's car shampoo (can dry up without staining), pressure washer rinse, DI water rinse and leave to air dry.

Only use it occasionally, mainly washing on hot days in summer or when I can't be bothered with drying in winter. Been going strong since may 2020 but our water only measures about 160 ppm.

To prevent smell I've cut a small piece of garden hose and put two connectors on each end to loop the vessels in/out to each other which seems to stop air getting to it.

Edit
Looks like proces have skyrocketed, I paid 74 for a filled unit and it seems resin is quite hard to get hold of. May be worth sending Vyair an email direct.

Last edited:
Reactions: JD
I bought mine from a window cleaning supplies company online. It's an 11l scuba tank effectively and worked well, reducing us from about 280ppm to 0ppm. However, it needs replenishing approx every 12-15months. We now have a house water filter (Kinetico) with three outside taps - one hard water for the garden and two existing which I use for car/washing windows at the back.

If you're local, you'd be welcome to take the tank and remaining resin off my hands. I'm based in Banstead, SM7.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
He means he lives in an area with hard water

Sheffield has hard water. Possibly the worst ever, trying to get suds with that f**king shite in the shower is like trying to plait piss

I thought the water in Sheffield was pretty soft, same as most of Yorkshrie?

Mine was when I lived there.