ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resistor Pack for AirCon problem

Clio 172 Mk2
Hi,

can someone point me to the direction where I can get a resistor pack for my Clio 172 Mk2?

the fan blower on my aircon is not even switching on, even though when you drive the car for a while, you can feel hot air coming out of the vents.

does this sound like the resistor pack problem?

thanks

BMW M135i
Yep almost definetly and its not a resistor pack btw ;). New one from renault, they're going to sting your for 100 sheets i'm afraid.

BMW M135i
And its this thing on the right with the 5 pin plug on it.

17102007242.jpg

260% JCW
Any chance i can have your broken one? I managed to repair mine bit of a pain to do but it works fine. Cost me £20 for the bits.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mines gone too so if you find where to get them from other than renault let me know :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
haha i dont mind being cold, just put a scarf on... it just keeps steaming up though :(

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
So if it isn't called a heater resistor pack what is the name for this thing?

Also, is there likely to be any other problem which causes this fault? The climate control unit still works, just that there is no air being blown by the fan.

I'm going to order one from Renault I think and change it myself, don't know much about the damn things so if someone knew if this problem can be attributed to another cause that would be immensely helpful.

Thank you.

BMW M135i
Its a PWM module that controls the fan, nope its 99.99999% be that thats gone pop. You can short pins 1 and 5 on the connector and it'll run full speed to proove it if you wish but I wouldn't even bother.

The climate control panel will still work along with the functions and it'll still be sending a speed signal to the pwm pack but it won't be producing an output on the fan side, hence why everything else still works.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Is it the same for a clio 1.2 16v fan? because thats what i have in mine, and it seems like a totally different thing, heres a pic:

47065b69.jpg

BMW M135i
If its got normal heating then you'll have a resistor pack because you've only got 4 fan speeds, as the climate control has 8 its uses pwm and a different thing entirely.