ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

resistor

ph2 172 ff
please help me. what type of resistor do i need to make my airbag light go out???

does it plug into the grey connection or the black one?

oh didn't read your post properly, if your airbag light is on you can only get it turned off by Renault to the tune of £100+

When you are disconnecting airbags/pretensioners you should unplug the battery to prevent them going off (small chance but possible) and to prevent the airbag light coming on, then once you have the resistor in place you connect the battery back again and the cars computer doesn't know any different as it never had the power to detect the absence of an airbag when it wasn't there. (and breath)

Za**** & Xr250R
Universal airbag resistor's from capital seating here's the number for them (0116 2664112) they cost £10 each and fitted correctly you won't need to make that costly visit to the stealer's. I recenlty fitted recaro's in my 182 and was told i would need to make a trip to the stealer's to get my air bag's reset but once i fitted the resistor's from capital seating the light whent out.

is this the same for the sterering wheel too? i.e one chnace to get the resistors in place or the light comes on when you connect the battery and the only way to switch t off is trip to dealers?

Universal airbag resistor's from capital seating here's the number for them (0116 2664112) they cost £10 each and fitted correctly you won't need to make that costly visit to the stealer's. I recenlty fitted recaro's in my 182 and was told i would need to make a trip to the stealer's to get my air bag's reset but once i fitted the resistor's from capital seating the light whent out.

Interesting, I have always been told that once the airbag fault has been registered it can only be turned off due to its seriousness - ie fault with airbag is a no no.

Qashcow
or go to maplins and buy a 14p resistor 3.3 ohm value and stick it between the old connections. you'll need one for the seat airbag and one for the pre tensioner if youve removed that too. ive got 5 in my car at the moment, still havent removed the steering wheel one yet

ClioSport 172 FF
or go to maplins and buy a 14p resistor 3.3 ohm value and stick it between the old connections. you'll need one for the seat airbag and one for the pre tensioner if youve removed that too. ive got 5 in my car at the moment, still havent removed the steering wheel one yet

this is what i have done but still serv light is there...but my air bag is switched to off..stupid question but does it have to be set as on for it to work?

cheers

Charged Superleggera
did you put the same type of resistor on both front seats? also try 2.7ohm resistors as 3.03 didnt work for me but 2.7ohms did

ph2 172 ff
which ones from maplins because when i type in resistors in does not show the ohm rating?

could some one post a link please to the correct ones?

sorry if this sounds silly.

Qashcow
i had a look online but couldnt find it, ive always bought mine in the store. just asked for a 3.3ohm resistor and ive ended up with the right one lol. i cant be of much more se on that part

Za**** & Xr250R
Interesting, I have always been told that once the airbag fault has been registered it can only be turned off due to its seriousness - ie fault with airbag is a no no.

Me too dude but i was helped from my mate he's an electrical genius i did buy the resistor's from capital seating but also purchased the cheaper one's from mapalin hoping i could get a refund on the other's but after fitting the cheap one's they didn't work so luckily i hadn't returned the expesiver one's and they worked a treat :)