ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray.. advice.. suggestions

Clio 16v , Leon cupra
Have had my Naples 16v for almost a year now and have decided it needs a tidy up as bubbling is starting to appear on the arches, around the rear wiper arm and on the bottom of the passenger door. I also need a new front bumper as the previous owner managed to crack it just below the headlight somehow. The dilema is whether to have it smoothed all round (bonnet badge, rub strips and locks and handles) or have the rub strips and handles colour coded or jus have a respray and leave the trim as standard as i have phase 2 16v wheels sprayed gunmetal which goes well with the trim. Also what have people done with their roof rails as mine have started cracking and are looking abit battered and bent.

Thanks in advance all opinions welcome. :)

If your having the rub strips smoothed out, then just make sure its a top job, or they will crack, handle also needs to be spot on or it will show in time.

Mine is fully smoothed, also need to get yourself decent solenoids for your door pops, or figure out how to break into your clio quickly, as I can almost guarantee you will get locked out itleast once!!

If your having the rub strips smoothed out, then just make sure its a top job, or they will crack, handle also needs to be spot on or it will show in time.

Mine is fully smoothed, also need to get yourself decent solenoids for your door pops, or figure out how to break into your clio quickly, as I can almost guarantee you will get locked out itleast once!![/quote]

I was gonna have mine dehandled but decided not to for that reason. The bosyshop can fit an emergency switch, located in a place on the car where only you and the bodyshop know where it is, incase of remote solenoids failing. Its also very expensive to get parts of the car smoothed as welding plates in is often done if done properly.

Luckily with my shape clio, its very easy to break in with limited resource! But I have setup a method so I can jump the battery without having access to the car, so that eliminates one pottential issue.

Clio 16v , Leon cupra
Any rough ideas on the cost of having it all smoothed?

I was intending on having everything welded anyway if i went down that route, as i've seen the effects of just using filler after a year or so.

Was also thinking of leaving to cables to the battery tucked away in the arch somewhere just incase the car battery did go flat.