ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resprayed my Ph1 Clio 2!

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Hey all, this is what the South African sun did to my Clio over 10 years of sitting outside with no shade...
1723248485929.png

Not pretty...

So my father and I embarked on a project that ended up taking us about half a year to complete...

This was about 2 months in, before we took the doors off, but this was indeed a full body respray.
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-20 at 22.46.59_43d7409f.jpg

We had to construct a booth out of wood, plastic sheet and a whole lot of staples to spray the Clio in, this was all in our driveway mind you:
1723249119273.png

As you can see, everything was removed!
1723249237530.png

4 months in, the car was finally taking shape:
20240512_141207.jpg

Finally, this is the (near) end result!
20240801_134232.jpg

And a side-by-side before and after:
20240809_205148.jpg

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Awesome work!
Some effort that!
Commitment!
Fair play! Looks fantastic now
Looks great, good job (y)
Thank you, it really was a lot of work, whenever I wasn't doing my uni work and when my dad wasn't working we were outside sanding, pulling dents, filling, plastic welding broken parts, more sanding (did I mention sanding yet?), masking, etc. I basically didn't go out at all for those 6 months apart from errands, and we faced a lot of challenges mostly thanks to the weather, either too hot or too cold to spray.

Worst of all was the rain, our booth had a flat roof and so the rain collected and while we kept on it most of the time, one time we were too late and the roof collapsed in and caused a massive dent on the roof! (we planned on putting it underneath a carport but that didn't pan out). This video is taken that same night:

Looks like you have put a lot of work in bringing this back to life - well done 👍

Is this Capsicum Red ??
Thank you, appreciate it! Actually, the colour was matched the inside of the bootlid, so I'm guessing this is close to the original colour the car came with in 2001, maybe a little richer. I've never seen a 182 Trophy in person, but from the pictures it looks to be a very similar kind of red. If you've seen a Ph1 5-door Clio in this red next to your Trophy, how close are they? I believe my red is slightly redder than the factory red though.

Absolutely brilliant job. Well done. You should see the mess I make of spraying the wiper arms, let alone how bad the whole car would be!!
Appreciate it PP200t! Surely you don't mean that 😂

Last edited: