ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumblebee 2 featuring LY R26

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Updates

Enjoying it. Run to Whitby last Sat with some fun on the b roads.

IMG-20240210-WA0000.jpg

Later on that evening a Bm ix1 xdrive30 ev thing was pushing me on local dual carriageway. I managed to pull a couple of car lengths on it in 3rd gear easy enough to basically get it off my arse as its led headlamps were blinding me and called it a day at that. First ev ive had pushing me.

Also plenty of room for shopping.
20240207_201753.jpg

Seems to be returning around 30mpg mixed driving so pretty decent on stock injectors..im used to horrendous fuel consumption in these so its nice to not be at the fuel pump every 2 mins.

Brakes to do next, fluid flush. Ive been lubing the nipples up with plusgas on the brembos as they appear to be pretty solid. Im planning on warming them up a little with my induction heater, hopefully wont shear one or pull threads out.

Thanks for reading!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Updates.

Couple of small jobs done to the r26.

Gearstick was doing the usual megane thing, tight across the gate so harder to get gears. No stranger to this as sorted it on the blue meg years ago, the bushes in the selector expand a bit with heat and need reaming out and a bit of lube. Had to do it in situ thanks to the previous bodger welding a plate over the gear cable!

Reem
20240224_115818.jpg

Was tempted to lob the plate off and change the cable as i have a new cable in stock for the trophy, but turned a blind eye for now as it works, and had it done and dusted in 20 mins. Its working spot on now and no missing or selecting wrong gears.

Picked up a cheap 2nd hand powerflex insert for the lower torque mount. Simple remove, pop in and refit, in theory. Took a bit of lube and persuasion with vice/deadblow hammer but done in half hour or so.

Mucho deadblow action later.
20240224_125808.jpg

The insert works nice. No extra vibration on idle and engine movement reduced. Decent for £15.

Also had a look round underneath engine whilst undertray was off and its all still nice and dry, oil leak free. Prob cursed it now!

Took it for a decent run out over the North Yorkshire moors. Easy to make progress in!

Thanks for reading!!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Updates

R26 had loads of use lately, makes a decent daily driver. Fast enough, around 30mpg, handles great and fun to drive.

Needs a wash

20240317_192413.jpg

To continue with the clubsport feel ive added a D7r rear strut brace and Jp Clubsport net to the rear.

Keeping the shopping in place.
20240322_134715.jpg

Ill get the comps back on it soon.

Thanks for reading!!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Quick wash earlier whilst the gear was out.

Clean.
20240324_181015.jpg
20240324_181028.jpg

Was going to attempt bleeding the brakes and fitting the compomotives today but ran out of time. Ill get them sorted back end of week.

Thanks for reading!!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Updates.

Finally flushed the brake fluid on Thursday. Ive been putting this off for ages as the bleed nipples on the brembos were solid when i tried a while back.

I managed to break 3 of them loose - using my induction heater, quenching with plus gas and tightening/loosening them. Final one broke loose then nipped and snapped as anticipated :cautious:

Id planned for this in advance and had a good used set of brembo calipers in stock so fitted them.

Good used calipers fitted.
20240329_093209.jpg

Flushed brake fluid through with Motul Rbf600 and also flushed clutch hydraulics a load of old shite fluid came out of the clutch. Also fitted ferodo ds1.11 front pads in prep for some track work.

Massive improvement to pedal feel - brakes are super sharp, confident that they will stop and withstand hard track use as used the same setup with great results previously.

On removal of the old brembo calipers, I also noted they had a couple of tight pistons so due a rebuild, so did not turn out too bad in the end.

As weather is good got the compomotive mo6 back out to refit.

Quick clean.
20240329_093155.jpg

Fitted.
20240329_103927.jpg

Popped down to Croft on Friday..was going to try and get on for PM session but looked super busy/red flags so rain checked it. Had a good catch up with @Mr Underhill and ended up blasting around a few b roads near Ripon on the way back.

Lids in the back ready for track action.
20240330_090606.jpg

Croft. Next time.
20240329_143104.jpg

Mot due early April..dont anticipate any issues so will get that sorted then booked up for some trackdays.

Thanks for reading!!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Updates.

Finally flushed the brake fluid on Thursday. Ive been putting this off for ages as the bleed nipples on the brembos were solid when i tried a while back.

I managed to break 3 of them loose - using my induction heater, quenching with plus gas and tightening/loosening them. Final one broke loose then nipped and snapped as anticipated :cautious:

Id planned for this in advance and had a good used set of brembo calipers in stock so fitted them.

Good used calipers fitted.View attachment 1686283

Flushed brake fluid through with Motul Rbf600 and also flushed clutch hydraulics a load of old shite fluid came out of the clutch. Also fitted ferodo ds1.11 front pads in prep for some track work.

Massive improvement to pedal feel - brakes are super sharp, confident that they will stop and withstand hard track use as used the same setup with great results previously.

On removal of the old brembo calipers, I also noted they had a couple of tight pistons so due a rebuild, so did not turn out too bad in the end.

As weather is good got the compomotive mo6 back out to refit.

Quick clean.View attachment 1686284

Fitted.View attachment 1686288

Popped down to Croft on Friday..was going to try and get on for PM session but looked super busy/red flags so rain checked it. Had a good catch up with @Mr Underhill and ended up blasting around a few b roads near Ripon on the way back.

Lids in the back ready for track action.View attachment 1686286

Croft. Next time.View attachment 1686285

Mot due early April..dont anticipate any issues so will get that sorted then booked up for some trackdays.

Thanks for reading!!
The wheels do look amazing.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cheers all (y) Feel like i have got to a point with it where im pretty happy with it, use and maintain.

I love the way it looks on the compomotives. I fancy trying my white set on it at some point to see how it sits on them.

@Brigsy what springs are you running?

Its on cooksport springs and oem r26 shocks, same as your new one iirc.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Sunday update.

Had spare half hour so cleaned up the seatbelts..they were super grotty and retracting pretty slow.

Mixed up a bucket of vanish oxy action and got the drill brush out. Quick soak in the bucket and buzz over with the brush.

Before - drivers belt was even worse was black
20240331_131440.jpg

After - much better
20240331_140717.jpg

Unfortunately they still retract quite slow but was worth a shot.

Thanks for reading!!