ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying a V6 255

cock mobile.
Seriously, this is one the most stupid threads I've read.

Pick a colour you want, and go buy that colour car.

Respraying a different car will mean more deprecation, hassle on the V5 and higher insurance.

And titanium or iceberg, come on, they're both silver, end of.

Chocolate Bar™
i wouldnt get it sprayed iceburg, if i was paying for a respray i'd get something a bit different, like racing blue, white, bright red etc :)

Chelsea tractor
What about Ford's ASBO orange or the Range Rover Sport orange?

Failing that - a vivid punk pink

M2 Competition
Why on earth would you respray a car from one shade of silver to another? Money and effort, for something no-one would notice.

Add the money you had for a respray, and get a liquid vee (or some recaro's for it, yum)

Its personal taste mate, and id notice thats all that matters i wouldnt change the colour for other ppl to notice. and it was only a question if it would drop in value, didnt say im buying one tomorrow and its already booked in the paintshop.

mars red imo
on the subject of orange peel, a work friend has just bought a £50k 2006 bmw x5 and the paint is shocking really bad orange peel on both side but not the bonnet, made my clios paint look really good lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you're going to get it resprayed, get it done white or BRIGHT orange!

Failing that, spend the extra and go for a liquid yellow one

I wouldnt want it to loose it value and white or bright orange would defo do that lol.

How many where made in racing blue? thought they were for outside the uk?

Surely you'll loose value in having it resprayed to a different colour - especially another V6 colour? Regardless of quality, I'd be well suspicious if a black gold V6 I was looking at, was actually illiad blue underneath.

Now painting it something unique like white or orange - I can understand that more.

D.

320d
Ford Imperial Blue ;)

I wouldn't say my resprayed valver affected the sale price

People naturally fear the worst from a resprayed car but so long as you have detailed photos of the strip/spray process and obviously the finish is spot on thats the important thing

I'm considering a respray project at the moment but i'll probs buy a Cat D unrepaired that 'needs' painting

My trusty lil 182 :)
I'm sure one of the evo contributors bought a porsche carrera gt and had it resprayed yellow cos he preffered the colour and couldn't find one for sale in that colour. If its done well and well documented I wouldn't have thought it would devalue it - particularly if it was in one of the rarer or more popular colours.

Mk4 .:R32
Out of interest whats your insurance going to be like on the vee, seeing as it's grp 20? If you did respray it, go for white.