ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying BG in LY?

BG 182
Sent my BG 182 into a bush recently and I'm now stuck with a silver front bumper and passenger side wing. Am I mad for considering an LY respray? How much should I expect to pay for a decent job? FWIW I don't mind leaving the engine bay as is if getting it done is gonna hike the price up a considerable bit.

Cheers

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Sent my BG 182 into a bush recently and I'm now stuck with a silver front bumper and passenger side wing. Am I mad for considering an LY respray? How much should I expect to pay for a decent job? FWIW I don't mind leaving the engine bay as is if getting it done is gonna hike the price up a considerable bit.

Cheers

Wrap it for £1500 if you want a colour change.

BG 182
I'm surprised that a LY respray would devalue the car to be honest considering how rare they are nowadays. Did consider a wrap although I've heard LY doesn't look too great as a wrap compared to a proper respray job, I do like the look of alien green though

4GTS/7.5R/182
If done properly and the car itself was otherwise in good nick, I would buy an LY car if the base was BG (you can get away with not respraying the engine bay etc as black is neutral).

By done properly I mean the car would have been stripped down and rust checked / proofed, any dents sorted etc, to me the quality of the finish would easily outweigh originality seeing as these are old cars.

I'm definitely in the minority here and there may not be a lot out there who would think the same, but thought I'd add some balance to this thread.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've often thought about having my BG a different colour - good shout @Romanian Tyre Fitter for the Alien Green as it would look brilliant, imo.

However, no way could I cope with an engine bay being a different colour - or some awkward corners/shut lines that reveal what it used to be. I would only ever consider swapping the colour if I could strip the car down to its shell and start from there.

Hell of a lot more expensive, but that would be the way I'd go.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Imagine having to explain to everyone it's not originally liquid yellow.

Best getting a different colour completely

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Imagine having to explain to everyone it's not originally liquid yellow.

Best getting a different colour completely
There was a Porsche safety car during a race on TV the other month and it looked an amazing colour. Imagine getting a Clio resprayed in an official Porsche colour! :p

Punto GT
I wouldn't do it personally, freshen it up with a respray in the original colour.
The alternative, paint the parts required and then have a proper detail and polish etc

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If it's solid and mechanically spot on and you're keeping it then yeah why not. Selling it as a ly it probably won't fetch as much as a factory one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't do it thinking it will be worth more. Colour change glass out should be over 4k.

Don't if you want though. Great colour.