ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring faded/worn 172 bullets?

Clio 172
The bullets on both the drivers side and passenger side doors of my car could do with restoring. Can anyone recommend a good way to get them looking new(ish..) again?

Cheers.
J.:)

Ill be honest, there a sod......are they blistering?. They have this half ass type of metalic coating, which over time bubbles and peals off. If there not pealing or depending on how bad the pealing is , very very lightly use some 1500- 2000 grit or a fairly abrasive polish such as G3, they should come up. Failng that send them to me for a repaint lol.

Clio 172
They are blistering a little. The paint has also come away in some areas to reveal the bare plastic underneath. I'm tempted to remove all other badges and have them resprayed a new colour, together with the wing mirrors. Flame red and what...? Is the question though. Once i've decided on a colour, I will send you a PM. Your work looks great btw.:)

Cheers
J.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
New ones - there not that expensive and make a big difference...

either new ones or take them to get shotblasted/sandblasted.

i got a set a new ones off here for £25.