ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring iPhone 4?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I need to restore my iPhone but I'm worried about losing all my contacts etc, does it delete everything and start again or will they all still be saved?

Never needed to do it before now!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Back it up before you restore it and once restored iTunes will ask you if you would like to set up as a new iPhone or install from the latest back up. Choose the latter and everything will be put back on your iPhone as it was.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Mine was laying up, kept switching itself off etc.

Works perfectly now and if anything the battery seems to last longer?!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It normally rectifies any minor firmware issues you may have with your handset.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Might not want to restore from your iTunes backup then... The corruptions in your softwarestand to lay within the backup file.

Set up as new iPhone and sync info over manually is your best option.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
That's only really applicable when changing handsets, IE changing from a 3GS to a 4s. Sometimes the back ups / syncs carry the old battery settings, then you have do what you mentioned.

Might not want to restore from your iTunes backup then... The corruptions in your softwarestand to lay within the backup file.

Set up as new iPhone and sync info over manually is your best option.

^do this,

i had the same problem with a corrupted app that messed the screen proximity sensor up, i literally hovered my finger over the screen and it would press alsorts,

i rectified by starting fresh as my back up was fudged, got a replacement no problem off apple though.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
That's only really applicable when changing handsets, IE changing from a 3GS to a 4s. Sometimes the back ups / syncs carry the old battery settings, then you have do what you mentioned.

Not really buddy... When I went from a 3GS to a 4, I never setup as a new device, I just restored from my old iTunes backup. I encountered a problem a few weeks later, restored from backup multiple times but never fixed itself. Then I restored it, set up as a new device, and instantly it wasnt being so buggy.

I'm not trying to be smart, just trying to help. After all, I now do this sort of thing every day at work! (that part was me trying to be smart!)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Bumping this...

I've just carried out a restore on my iPhone (4S, running 5.1.1) because I had some issues with the music library. However, once the restore was done (restored via an iCloud backup, created last night) it's renamed my iPhone to "untitled playlist." How do I go about renaming my iPhone?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
click on it in the itunes sidebar and rename it

on on the device

settings > general > about > name