ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Results of race with Modded 106Gti.....

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Renault Clio 16v (std) V Peugeot 106 GTI (chipped,zorst-decat,air filter,lowered 50mil)

What an afternoon, half a tank of optimax later and engine worn out we have a result, which incedently was all captured on video camera

Have gotta say the 106gti had the edge overall. We did 0-60 sprints 0-100 sprints and 100+ power performance.

0-80mph he did have a cars length infront but after about 110mph i was catching him, a few times even had to back off at 120 not to go into the back of him!

0-60/100/100+ results - 1st gear i was infront at 5000rpm, 2nd gear both level until he hit 5000rpm which pushed him infront , hit 4th and this is where i made the ground back to both level, hit 5th and slowly pulled infront to about 135mph where i thought it best to slow down!

Considering my 16v is standard im very happy with the result and the 106 owner said i would easily have a standard Gti and was very impressed with the clios performace and handling.

I have this all on tape so will show people at next meet - what a laugh!

aaron

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

correction

**0-60/100/100+ results - 1st gear i was infront at 5000rpm, 2nd gear both level until he hit 5000rpm which pushed him infront , slammed into 3rd but made no difference of the cars length gap, hit 4th and this is where i made the ground back to both level, hit 5th and slowly pulled infront to about 135mph where i thought it best to slow down!**

BMW 320d Sport

Good work Aaron, its as I thought, motorway speeds the 16v has the power to keep on pulling but the 106 runs out of legs.

that will be because the lo6 has the 14s and they will be maxing the car out.

but with the 16vs larger wheels and the higher torque higher up the revs it would pull away no probs.

but thats sh*t if you doing 1/4 mile race, you aint gonna be able to get to that speed quick enough.

bugger.

arronc

well dont mate. 16v/106 gti and vts are almost all identical in terms of hot hatches and no way can a quichsiilver keep up with a 16v. if they could why the hell would anyone buy a gti lol

arronc you coming southend as wanna see this vid and the vid of my car doing 125 on the rollers

wongy

its a m8 of mine hes strting up, he added a custome kit he made to his v6 cav 100bhp+ kit.

and he came into my work the other day and said that if i had a spare £100 (for parts solanoids e.t.c) we can add one to my clio next week (gives him something to do).

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

wongy wont be able to make it cos im going to spain in a couple of hours so will have to make the next clio meet.

aaron

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Got to be impressed with the 106 GTi though.

For only a 1.6 they really can move!