ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

retro fitting fog lights

FF 182 Sport
right - hope someone can help, got no fogs in my crappy 1.2 but i now have 2 fogs and the loom that joins from one to the other

my question is - how do i wire them in from there?

negative not an issue - but i woudl like them to be on my stalk, or will a switch suffice and pass an mot?

any help appreciated- not sure if my stalk is different to one with fogs? it has an extra notch for fogs but that is also the rear one....

any help much appreciated

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've answered this so many times its unreal really should do a guide....

Trying to wire it into the stalk is a right pain, as you're stalk only has rear fog on it, not front and rear.

Personally I hard wired them in, i.e battery>fuse>switch>fog and then earth the fog on any earth point in the bay.

I put my switch on the little patch where you adjust your headlight height, as this pops out and can be drilled to put a switch in.

To pass the MOT, the switch needs to illuminate, to achieve this, first you need a switch that can light up, then find an illumination wire (lots about) and ad that into the circuit.

ValverInBits
i have a pin out of the foglight stalk if you want it. It tells you which pins are connected as a result of switching the fog switch on.
PM me if you want it.

FF 182 Sport
i was going to splice the live to the rear fog light and run into the engine - fused obviously, so it ran off the rear fog light/stalk - is this a possibility?

otherwise it looks like the fog switch idea, im sure there must be loads out there that illuminate when turned on...