ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returned Miss Fire

182 Cup
So, I had a miss fire in January, replaced Leads and Coilpack. Fixed!
Coming home from work on Friday I had an occasional miss fire when I was in high gears and low revs (circa 2k rpm)

Took a bit of a longer route home to see if it would resurface but it didn't really. Thoughy nothing of it, parked up and forgot about it. Started it this morning, miss firing everywhere now! Had to take the Mrs car to work.

Got back and have checked connections to the coilpack, sensor connections etc. Haven't checked on the plug end yet, as the weather + no garage meant I didn't want to take the inlet .

I did however check the injectors. Unplugged them one at a time. I have no idea what cylinder numbers are which, but 2 alternate injectors made no change to the noise.

Now, this to me seems a bit wierd, or are two injectors likely to have failed in tandem? I know the others are okay as the car stalled and died when I unplugged them.
With it being alternate cylinders, I was wondering whether the coil could have been a duff one (brand new valeo unit) but unsure if this matches with the way the coil works on clios?

No warning lights up at all on the dash. Is there going to be a fault code stored still?

At a dead loss, other than checking the plugs and lead connections to them asap. Help :(

182 Cup
Could do with some opinions please, so I know whether to get the fault codes read or just try random parts

182 Cup
Tried to start the car again this evening, started off on three then went down to 2. Then got a backfire and the EML light came on.

So I'm going to try changing the leads when I have a chance.

Is there a chance that its a duff coilpack, or is that unlikely?

Should I go and see if theres any fault codes up?