ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning 182 owner in coventry

Clio 182
Hi guys

Now on my second 182ff having written my old one off after 10 months of owning it :( (luckily someone got it back on the road) hopefully I won't ruin this one!

I'm after a bit of advice for my new car, its got a powerflow cat-back exhaust on it at the moment, but is a bit loud for my taste.
any recommendations on what i should do? I want something as quiet as possible but i've seen on here the standard exhaust is expensive and doesn't last so may as well stay with a stainless system as its already on insurance.
I think my options are to take it somewhere to see if it can be made quieter, or remove it and get something else and possibly sell old system. (I've also heard mixed reviews of powerflow exhausts so not sure if its a good idea to keep on.)
Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

Clio 182
cheers for the advice, just had a look and people on here seem to rate them a lot, don't seem loud on videos either.
I will have a proper look at mine soon and see if anything can be done to sort it, I don't think it has a centre section (?) at the moment so maybe that's an option to silence it a bit, I'm not too sure about exhausts so will have to go see someone with more knowledge than me.
If not then one of those is very tempting! i noticed on the website they quoted 10hp gains on their test car which seems a little hard to believe, what do you think after driving a car with one?