ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev to 8k vid finally here!!

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Yeah i know, it because i have buckets and taken the tensioners out, havent bothered to sort the resister out though!

Yeah prob will go bang if i use it to that extreme a lot, thats the only time i have done it, so it should be ok

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Johnc172 on 01 July 2005

Nope, just had bmc cda, decat, superchip and poweflow exhaust!

But they are maybe next ont he list! Anybody got any prices? lol!

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 01 July 2005

well what engine modifications do you have then to get 180 at wheels???
bmc cda, decat, powerflow exhaust and superchip and thats it for now, the graph is in the post so will post that up when it come through

Lionel Richie

bmc cda, decat, powerflow exhaust and superchip and thats it for now, the graph is in the post so will post that up when it come through

i think that rolling road is, erm, well WORNG

impossible dude

you cant get over 200bhp on std cams

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Alright dont flame him...Normal Cliosport attack!!! If thats what it says...thats what it says.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 01 July 2005

Alright dont flame him...Normal Cliosport attack!!! If thats what it says...thats what it says.
im not flaming him, just stating a fact

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Pah... my old car revved higher than that as standard... ;)

Seriously though, revving to 8000rpm is probably pointless as your peak power & torque will have long gone, and be dropping off!

impossible dude

you cant ;)

my 172 lived with me, and carrys on living a happy life going till 8. No real point in terms of power, but you can hang onto the gear longer mid corner.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 01 July 2005

im not flaming him, just stating a fact

thought you didnt believe in rolling roads,

if you dont believe the power then race him hell leave your arse for dust, ballcrusher and i can vouch for that

Lionel Richie

will do, he can pop along to Oulton Park/ Brands etc etc

and no i dont believe in RRs unless theyre used for % gain before and after

someone says they have 180 @ wheels what do you expect??? Unless they have £5K under the bonnet that is VERY hard to believe

as Mehdi says he has 169 @ wheels
Roamer had 212 at fly (around 170 odd at wheels)
Yasser had 212 at fly but was no where near Roamers car IMO for sheer grunt
Yozza had 155 @ wheels and was the fastest standard engine id driven with, quicker than Roamers below 80-90

has he 1/4 miled it???

If hes happy with it hairy muff, just with those modifications "the norm" is around 190 at fly

Lionel Richie

Sluggers old cup pulled a daft figure of around 180 at wheels too, and it was a quick motor, but not over 200hp quick

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

impossible dude

Well you can quite easily, but on throttle bodies.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by davidol on 02 July 2005

lol ive had courtesy cars that have revved higher than 8k!! lol amatuer ;)
What they give civic type Rs as courtsey cars at reno now, not bad ;)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 01 July 2005

impossible dude

Well you can quite easily, but on throttle bodies.

yeah i forgot about that bit!!!

oops!!!

so edit, you cant get over 200bhp on a std inlet using std cams

better???

172beast

Nice! Looks like it runs very hot to me tho, never seen my 172 that hot and Id be worried if it did, even a full day at Donnington track never saw mine get that hot, not even close.

So is this guy just chatting bout having 180?? goten kinda lost with this one..

Oh and reving to 8 grand.. why would u wanna do it?

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Its that high as when that was recorded i was on a road rally around europe (eurothrash) and was somewhere is germany and had been driving for about 6 hours?!

As for the rolling road being incorrect, they had 2 standard cars go on before me (s2000 and mr2 turbo) both produced their book bhp figures (give or take 1 or 2 hp over or below)

Not going to argue with anyone over the fact that it is high bhp, i didnt even think the read out would be that high myself.

p.s its the first and last time i ever put any of my achievements on this forum as the only thing people do is take the p*ss and put you down.

Cheers

oh and thanks to lawrence as well for backing me up, as he actually has seen it go, cheers mate!

Quote: Originally posted by Johnc172 on 01 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 01 July 2005 well what engine modifications do you have then to get 180 at wheels??? [/QUOTE]bmc cda, decat, powerflow exhaust and superchip and thats it for now, the graph is in the post so will post that up when it come throughi think that rolling road is, erm, well WORNGimpossible dudeyou cant get over 200bhp on std cams[/QUOTE]

Not without throttle bodies eh Fred? ;)

doi! lol

weird how it dosent sound like 8K, mine sounded horrible up there......but then the engines are balanced like pigs.

audi S3

fredgaynamics and bennobR stop being f**king negative cose you t**sers cant get that sort of power dosent mean other people cant ?

Quote: Originally posted by Ballcrusher on 02 July 2005

fredgaynamics and bennobR stop being f**king negative cose you t**sers cant get that sort of power dosent mean other people cant ?
To be fair its not there opinions its more real life.

Fred and Ben both work for tunning companies who have done significant work on the F4R engines so if they say it cannot be done then there correct. Dont forget 180 ATW is what your claiming stock is about 140 so your saying your car has 213hp. Looking at other 210hp owners and theyve had to have a fortune dropped on the engine there no way your car out of the box has that much power.

180 does sound way to high. Also after seening the posible long term effect 8k had on Yozzas engine Id be tempted to keep to the old 7.2k redline maybe 7.5k if I was careful.