ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse gear selection

So I gave just got a 55 182.

one of my problems I have is selecting reverse.. It does go in, but needs a good purposeful shove and a bit of a knack. But it's not easy, if you didn't know how you couldn't drive it. Any ideas?

clio 182 cup
You're actually doing quite well if it's only reverse that you're struggling with!

The whole gear linkage set up on these cars is abysmal. The phrase 'chucking a welly down an alley' springs to mind

You might want to have a look in the 'Group Buys' section at the new Pure Motorsport custom gear linkage deal that has just been put up by Kelv

Serious question, you are aware its a lift up reverse? Only asking as my sister drove my old car and hadn't a clue.

PB Clio 172
maybe its a Renault thing but since the 16v I had, I always go to 1st then reverse- don't know why but works for me