ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse Gear - Tempremental

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Anyone else have this on their 16v? Sometimes it just doesnt want to go into reverse without grinding the gears - also the Clutch has a slight lack of feel to it - not like my last 16v, which had a really stiff clutch!

Anyone?

clio williams, Ph1 172

Mine is sometimes. not all the time though. Usually if im on a slope or something. Clutch feels ok though. You may be ready for a new clutch

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Hnmmm thats what im thinking - i thought it had one but obviously not, its just about on 63K, sound about right? Any ideas how much im looking at?

To be honest my old 1.4 clio was where i picked up the habit from, i think it is a clio trait! My 16v doesnt hardly ever do it i just put it in first first as a force of habit now!

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Mine does the same! got just under 88k on mine - bout it at 60K - dont know if a new clutch was fitted b4 i got it....but yeah, nasty grinding noises when reverse engaged sometimes! - dosent do it as much if i put in 1st before, or engage reverse slowwwwwwwwwwwly......but u shouldnt have to do that!

Anyone got a price on a new cluth fitted? A valeo original? or a fast road spec one? - is there much difference with a fast road one?

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Does your clutch also feel sort of vaigue? Mine doesnt have much feel to it - theres no sharp or obvious biting point you know??

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Just had a new clutch cable fitted, and it is stiff, and a sharp biting point - the old cable wanst routed properly and snapped...u checked nothing is snagging the cable? Mine felt a bit vague when the cable was on its way out and had probs going into gear...

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Aha, maybe thats what it is!! How much do you think a garage would charge to sort the cable out then??

having this prob on my williams....

I think its in reverse.. but its popped back into first...

i find if i use my right hand to put it in reverse hit it first time! lol

getting it seen to when it goes for service..

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

I paid £54 for a new cable fitting but that included a new lock barrel fitting - bought cable from reno - bout £13.00 - just labour cost i paid 4 at the garage - reckon bout £40 at a decent garage if they do replace it?...

always put my car in first before reverse and my car has only done 23K!!! It is just a clio problem as i had the same with my RT

If I ever have any problems, I just push the clutch down, lift clutch up, and push down again... whilst in neutral of course. Seems to work for me.

Daz.