ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse light is always on.

Clio 172 RS ph1
Hi guys, after the mot test, I saw that the reverse light is always on, it wasn't before.
Its happening when the switch Is on.
When the switch is off but lights on, every thing is OK, I checked the contacs of the bulbs and its OK.

Tried to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and did not solve the issue.

Its a Clio mk2 ph1 99 manual.

Another problem is the door lock, the passengers door doesn't lock or unlock with the other doors, but every thing else is working, what seems to be the issue?(its an aftermarket locking connected to the originals lockings.)

Thanks a lot!
Daniel.

Westfield, 182, 200
Hi, struggling to understand the first part of your thread, but could be a bad earth on the rear lights.

Door lock problem could be anything as your cars not standard,but you're looking for a broken wire somewhere by the sound of it!

Clio 172 RS ph1
The ground wires are OK. Double checked them.

But still the reverse light is on.
Can it be the sensor on the gear?

Westfield, 182, 200
Hi, there is a switch on the gearbox, this could be sticking. Wasn't sure from your thread when it was and wasn't working :-(

Clio 172 RS ph1
Ohh OK sorry for my bad explain.
Should I disconnect and connect the switch or its need a replace?

Daniel

Clio 172 RS ph1
How much the part cost? And I saw on the forum that I lose a little bit gear oil on the replace, its OK?

Clio 172 RS ph1
Hi, I disconnected the connector of the sensor and its was dirty with oil and dust, cleaned it out and it solved the problem. :)
Thanks a lot.