ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse lights not working???

Clio RS 197
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.

My 197 went in for it's MOT last Thursday and passed with flying colours, not even an advisory which I was really pleased about.
laugh.gif

I have got a 2006 197 with 41,500 approx on the clock.

However, on Sunday when I was reversing into a parking space a customer said just to let you know u have no reverse lights so I have looked into this and all the fuses under the steering wheel are fine, as well as all in the fuse box underneath the 2nd air intake hose.

I've checked both reverse light bulbs and they aren't blown. My friend who is a mechanic said now i've checked all of the above it could be a broken reverse switch on the gearbox or a broken wire??

I have had a look in the engine bay down at the gearbox and all I can see is the green switch above the bell housing(where all the bolts are tht join the two sections of the g-box together). He said tht is the flywheel sensor.

Can anyone tell me where the reverse switch is on the gearbox please? Is it above or underneath the g-box and what colour. My friend said it should be towards the middle or end of the gearbox above the reverse gear?

Although I haven't rectified whether it's the switch or not, I've got a quote for the part from GSF Car parts (normally go with Geniune but cause it's not a major part i'll go with GSF and they have quoted me £21incl vat which isn't bad.

I hope it's the switch and not a broken wire otherwise it's like finding a needle in a hay stack.
sad.gif

Has anyone else had this problem as well?

Look forward to your feedback lads.

Cheers

Chris
001_cool.gif

top front its a green plug, the tdc is further down and closer to the edge of the bell housing you cansee it in the very bottom leftof the pic below

Here is a pic of the reverse switch location
P2160001.jpg

Clio RS 197
Is it that green clip mate?

If I was to look at tht above box fitted would the green port be facing down to the undertray or up towards the bonnet?

Last edited:
  Clio RS 197
ok. I'll have a look through the engine bay tomorrow. The only green clip I have seen so far if I look down by the side of the battery casing is the flywheel sensor clip but thts not it.

Shall be pointing slightly upwards like this.

you may find the wire end has a black plug on it so you may not see the green part till you take the plug off.

P2160016.jpg