ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revised MacBook Air.

BLK is a massive plus point. I'd love an air but decided to try an iPad this time around. Chucked my 13" MBP in the wheelie bin.

182 FF, A6 Avant
The MBA revision was just what I was hoping for. After years of messing around with a half x86 half Mac home setup, I've gone all Mac. Just ordered a 13" MBA, Mac Mini, iPad and Time Capsule.

Rav4
Time capsule, well expensive for what it is.

You've spent a lot of money there, but all good quality stuff. Hope you enjoy it :)

The MBA revision was just what I was hoping for. After years of messing around with a half x86 half Mac home setup, I've gone all Mac. Just ordered a 13" MBA, Mac Mini, iPad and Time Capsule.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
LOL. Ok. So I'll advertise my machine to be older than it is.

That's CS logic.

Fair enough, if it were me I'd probably just say it's a 6 month old 2010 model. Even Apple refer to that model as the 2010 ;)

Just when looking at an ad for one if people see someone saying it's a 2010 model, they'll wrongly assume it's one of the newer ones.

Nothing to do with CS logic.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
well no u have 2010 spec built in 2011 - your being misleading.

My misleading? Learn English.

I'm not. At all. You're being a mong. Standard.

Look at the description I gave Tom a few pages back. It's a 2011 build, but pre-Thunderbolt I/O.

Not that any of this even matters. Next time I'll just refer to it by serial, in which case it'd be an MC373*/A with the upgraded screen and 7200rpm drive.

M3?

Going to bring this back to life.

Has anyone got the 13" Air with i5/256GB SSD?

I'm wanting to get one basically for portability, I sit at a PC all day and when I come home want the freedom to be on a laptop and browse the web, listen to music and do some quick file editing with CS5. I've been thinking of getting the 13" air due to its portability and the SSD, Slightly put off by the lack of power it has with onboard graphics and only a dual core.

I'm torn between that and the MBP 15" (bog-spec) with high res display. Mainly because of the extra punch it gives performance wise. I had a play with the two, and the MBP 13", in the Apple store and the 13" Air seemed so be much faster and more ergonomic than the 15" MBP. The 15" was heavier than I was expecting and I've heard bad things about the MBP 13" screen.

The main things I want are:
Vivid screen
Portability
Speed

I want to know what peoples thoughts are on the two.

I've got a PC too which ill be keeping which has GTX260, quad i5, 4GB RAM, 7200rpm drive's. Which I'll probably use for when I play the occasional PC games.

How desperate are you? Strong rumours of a 15" MBA coming maybe March time.

For graphics and editing, the 13" MBP isn't the best. Depends how much you're going to and how much you're going to carry it around.

How desperate are you? Strong rumours of a 15" MBA coming maybe March time.

For graphics and editing, the 13" MBP isn't the best. Depends how much you're going to and how much you're going to carry it around.

Not super desperate, but I'll end up waiting forever the amount of rumors that go about.

Nothing graphically heavy, maybe doing some quick photoshops and running a fireworks resize macro. Ill carry it round and have it on my lap most of the time, I want to keep away from the desk as much as possible. The 15" MBP was very hot underneath in the store whereas the 13" Air was very cool.

Anything glaringly different about the two that I would miss coming from a 26" 1200p screen with quad-core i5?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We have a fully spec'd 13" MBA. Got it about a month ago. It is lightening fast at everything. Only downside is the screen ain't as good as my old 15" MBP but you can't expect such a good screen on such a portable and efficient laptop.

As long as you have your music library on another computer you'll be fine also as 256 Gb SSD won't last long.

I'd probably look at putting my music library onto the air because iTunes will take full use of the SSD. I won't be filling 200gb very fast because most of my files will be kept either on my domain or on my PC. Space isn't a concern for me.

I was more impressed at the 13" air over the 15" mbp screen because the pixel density is greater on the air. Apple didnt have a mbp 15" with the high res so couldnt compare full.

How does it feel portability wise? And do you think 15" screen would be better on the air?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Going to bring this back to life.

Has anyone got the 13" Air with i5/256GB SSD?

I'm wanting to get one basically for portability, I sit at a PC all day and when I come home want the freedom to be on a laptop and browse the web, listen to music and do some quick file editing with CS5. I've been thinking of getting the 13" air due to its portability and the SSD, Slightly put off by the lack of power it has with onboard graphics and only a dual core.

I'm torn between that and the MBP 15" (bog-spec) with high res display. Mainly because of the extra punch it gives performance wise. I had a play with the two, and the MBP 13", in the Apple store and the 13" Air seemed so be much faster and more ergonomic than the 15" MBP. The 15" was heavier than I was expecting and I've heard bad things about the MBP 13" screen.

The main things I want are:
Vivid screen
Portability
Speed

I want to know what peoples thoughts are on the two.

I've got a PC too which ill be keeping which has GTX260, quad i5, 4GB RAM, 7200rpm drive's. Which I'll probably use for when I play the occasional PC games.

We bought 2 13" air machines a month or so back at work and they're awesome. I have to lug a 13" MacBook pro round with me and it gets heavy really quick.

Given the choice, I'd take the air every single time.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
MacBook Pro 15" for me. I don't find it too heavy and I take mine almost everywhere with me. I use it in bed (as I am doing at present), on my desk, sat infront of the telly, on the loo, literally anywhere. Best money I've ever spent tbh.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
John I recently bought a 13" pro and IMO there is nothing wrong with the screen. If you coming from a normal windows machine like I did its still a massive upgrade.

I wouldn't say mines a normal windows pc. I keep it very clean and up to date.

IMO the 15" pro was too heavy to lug around. 13" was OK but seems daft a 13" pro. No high res screen option, disk speeds arnt SSD speeds.

I think the air is the only way forward for me. Now I'm not sure if I should consider the 15" that might come in march or get the 13" now.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 15" pro, and its a right heavy thing to lug around tbh.

Keep thinking about getting an air but I do like the larger screen of my MBP, its a tough decision. If you don't need it yet i'd wait and see if a 15" becomes available.

BMW F31
I got a 13" MBA a couple of months back, its lightning fast at most tasks tbh. I have windows 7 installed via bootcamp so I can run AutoCAD and its fine, doesn't freeze or lag etc, CAD I would say is more power hungry than CS5 so you'll prob be fine with the 13".

But, as has already been said, there are rumours a 15" version coming next year, that aside I think there are also rumours about the processor getting an upgrade and some other bits no doubt.