ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revisiting old games

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
What games have you played in the past and have recently replayed or would like to replay?

I've just started playing Just Cause 2 again and I must admit I'm totally hooked. The size of the map and the time you can spend on it is pretty impressive for a very underrated game.

Me and a friend loaded up the Playstation one last weekend and decided to complete Resident Evil 2. Even after ~15 years it can still make you jump!

What else do you guys think is worth replaying? I dread to think how many hours I put into SSX and SSX Tricky when the PS2 first came out!

Edit: Just remembered JSRF and Sega GT 2002 on one disk on the original Xbox. I'd love to find that again and try to complete JSRF.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Forza 4 was much purer than Forza 5 / Horizons, I can't stand all this Top Gear test track BS, unfortunately I can see things getting worse with the next games.

Resident Evil 2 like you said was fantastc, even playing recently!

I actually went back and played through my old PS1 collection, FF7 has held up well!

172, Focus
recently its been Toca 2 on ps1 and GTA vice city on ps2.I'm so glad I never got rid of my ps1 and ps2 consoles and games!

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
recently its been Toca 2 on ps1 and GTA vice city on ps2.I'm so glad I never got rid of my ps1 and ps2 consoles and games!

I've been playing GTA Vice City on the iPhone recently. It's not the same as on a big screen with a controller but it still brings back memories.
It's amazing that after so many years I still know the map better than I do my own town!

There have been some games mentioned that I must admit I've never played. I've never touched any of the Final Fantasy series or Quake games. My be worth getting FF for the iPhone as I think I saw it on the App Store recently.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Last week I completed Zelda: Ocarina of Time from near the start on N64, lol. Have Majoras Mask here as well but not sure if I like it! Just near the start on it.

I really want to get age of empires for my mac but not sure whether to leave it in my past or not! Also fancy a bit of tony hawks or ff7, but don't have my ps1 anymore :(

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Counter Strike:Source and 1.6

Used to play in leagues, would be annoyed as f**k playing now though as I won't be at the same standard.

Another one is RuneScape. I occasionally log in to see what's going on. I started playing again a few years ago and quit when combat beta came out. Its evolved so much now its not the same game IMO. Its more like WoW. If I wanted to play a game like WoW I'd play WoW. Bit annoying really.

Blimey, I remember playing a little Runescape about 10 years ago, and a similar mmorpg called tibia, the hours I wasted on that game!

It was awful, worst graphics ever. Didn't stop me and my friends all put in a lot of time it! LAN parties, the lot lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Got my old chipped original xbox out for the weekend.
Currently bashing through NFSU1
halo 1 ( by god the graphics are bad lol )
and driver parallel line

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Got my old chipped original xbox out for the weekend.
Currently bashing through NFSU1
halo 1 ( by god the graphics are bad lol )
and driver parallel line

I've played Halo 1 quite recently and wasn't too disappointed with the graphics. Have you tried the anniversary edition?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I've played Halo 1 quite recently and wasn't too disappointed with the graphics. Have you tried the anniversary edition?

Yes, that's allot better , but that's due to the game being re-tweaked.
In all honesty , it's isn't that bad after a while. I'm just used to playing the later ones in HD
Still enjoy going through the campaign and the occasional death match with friends.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Just remembered another game to add to my list. Streets of Rage 2! The graphics are that bad it doesn't matter, I've lost count of the amount of times I've completed it.

I also used to like Tomorrow Never Dies on the Playstation One. I bet that's one that would be best left in the past though.

Multi-tap with Micro Machines V3 and Crash Team Racing was great fun too.

Clio Trophy
i thought OP said old games? just cause 2 lol

i was thinking more like donkey kong on the snes oct

Goliath I
Always breakout Goldeneye now and again, WWF No Mercy too. Turtles in Time for the Snes is top of my Emulator list also.

Tried getting back into X3 Reunion the other day, but I'd forgotten how to do anything lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Been chucking on a fair few of my old N64 games recently - finished Banjo Kazooie recently (one of my all tine fav's) and cracking on with Diddy Kong Racing at the moment!

I was going to say Diddy Kong Racing too. It's like a poor mans Mario Kart but it's frigging awesome!

Scarface for ps2 also. Been playing that again at my mates with a few cans.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Been playing today.

coldfear_retail%202014-05-10%2020-08-49-36.bmp

It's already been said but SSX Tricky is amazing. Streets of rage and bonanza bros on megadrive never gets old either. I tried to play Gran turismo 4 a while back as I put a lot of time into it but the graphics made my eyes bleed, it's amazing how for games have come graphically.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
I first played Trasport Tycoon when I was about 15, I still play it now (I'm 34 this year) albeit in open source format, those interested just google OpenTTD. :)

I have my SNES set up in the spare room and still have the odd blast on Super Mario Land, Mario Kart and Streetfighter 2: Turbo Edition.

There are some games I haven't parted with, even though I may have gotten rid of the console ages ago: Resident Evil 1,2 & 4, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 8 & 10. I have such good memories of playing them, I just hold onto them. Nostalgia I guess... though the missus calls it clutter lol.

I still play the original Command and Conquer games from time to time, I remember the first time I played it I'd gone swimming with some friends, called into GAME on the way to the bus station and they were demonstrating C&C, the staff had to kick us out at closing time, we realised then that we'd been in there about 4-5 hours!

Online, i'll still play Day of Defeat 1.6 (original Halflife mod a'la Counterstrike 1.6) Graphics are poop in comparison to games such as Call of Duty, Modern Warfare etc, but the gameplay is still fun, even if it is only capture the flag/objective mostly maps.

Those who like their old coin-ops, Megadrive, SNES games might like http://game-oldies.com though its sometimes difficult to play some of the games with a keyboard, just using that site I've re-aquainted with games like: Toejam & Earl, E-SWAT, Two Crude Dudes, Cool Spot, Micro Machines, Wani Wani World, Mega-lo-Mania to list but a few....