ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

revs goes down and cut out

clio 1.4 sport
Well yesterday i went to my gfs dad and then when i came out reversed and went to drive away but noticed engined had cut out thought it was just me stalling it! started up drove to the end of the road it cut out again! What its doing is when i stop instead of idling my revs are going really low and most of the time engine cuts out.

Few days earlier: I did let my petrol get really low i was a fair way to the next fuel station that i knew ov. So my uncle said i could of pumped muk from the bottom of my tank into my fuel injectors.... is this what it could be?

I have bought redex and topped my petrol up with it in. My uncle said last time he did it which was sometime ago the car smoked because it was burning what ever Sh!t was there but mine hasnt smoked yet and its still bad.

Does it take a while for the redex to go through the engine injectors etc.

Thanks for any help!

black gold 182
my 306 rallye did it everytime i came to a standstill, i was told it was the idle control valve also called the lambar sensor or something. supposidly had it changed but the dodgy mechanic probably fobbed me off as it made no difference.

clio 1.4 sport
Well ive been told to put that redex in and run it until saturday let it all go through then my uncles coming up (hes good with car but doesnt have or work in a garage) to change my oil and oil filter ect. Then he said if its still the same then ill have to get it on the machine which cost 30 and about 70 quid for the sensor! Damn cars

C

clvs2222

either your idol control valve needs changing or throttle body. get it pluged in as it will only go worse, nothing to do with petrol or redex. doubt its the lamba sensor but you never know. £30 is not bad, cost £70 from reno

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
Dirty throttle body.

+1

Same thing.. cars fine then stalls for no reason. start car it's ok whilst choke is on as choke comes off revs can drop (in my case to about 550) cause stalling.

Took mine to Rentech, Mike cleaned throttle body, sweet as a nut now she is, 1hr's labour charge.