ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
i have 1.2 16v clio. My electronic warning light keeps comeing on and car is cutting out, as my previous thread. i have noticed when the car is idleing it only revs at 500rpm. i dont think this is normal. what should it be as i cann't remember what it was.
cheers

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
really, i though it would be higher than that. ok but any ideas on why it tries to stall every now and then. when its hot and i come back to the car to turn it on, it starts but revs drop right down, and it is about to stall, but it only just stays alive.

CB600FS
With the ignition off remove your coil pack, they crack at the bottom, and earth out on the block.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
well my mate has a diagnostic machine so he is going to look at it on sunday. i just wanna a rough idea of what to look out for in the mean time.

Clio 1.4s maxim
The idling revs speed does seem to be a little low, i thought its usually about 850 to 950. Also you try the battery to see if the alternator is charging it. If you got a DC meter check that the battery is about 12v than switch on your engine and rev it a few times than place the meter in the battery again, if the reading is higher (13-14v approx) than the alternator is fine BUT if it is the same i.e 12v it looks like the alternator is on its way.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
cheers i will do that as well, but i had a similar problem a few monthsago with the wireing loom. i got the altornater checked then and was told its ok. but will definitely check it. i hope it aint the wireing loom again. i didnt buy a new one, i sored it myself.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Guarantee you it's either the coil pack(s), Idle control valve or a dirty throttle body!

phase 1 172
my moms clio had this same problem and renault said it was a faulty ecu..........................but dont quote on that

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
yeah they said that to me, and wanted somethin like £400 for it. so i said i will get it sorted myself. as above, it sounds like a valve or sensor has buggered up.