ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revving problem?

Red197
When my engine is warm some times the car will not rev past about 5.5k. It stutters and the over revving light comes on. Had it into Renault no faults showing on the computer. Any ideas??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Edde means the gap on the electrode might be incorrectly set . But usually spark plugs come gapped already for the vehicle they are intended for .
Who replaced your plugs ?

MrBillyUK !

Red197
I got the plugs from a motor factor, and a local garage fitted them. They were the correct plugs i double checked them. Could the inlet manifold be incorrectly fitted?

Johnny

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like it could be but i'm not a mechanic so i wouldn't like to say 100% , maybe somebody with more experience will have a better idea .

You would have thought if it was the gasket on the inlet manifold it would be causin a problem right across the rev range ??

I know when my spark plugs were f*cked on my old 172 it was coughin and splutterin up to 2.5k revs then was fine above that .

You'll probably get some better advice late today . Hope ya get it sorted mate .

MrBillyUK !