ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riddle me this

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Sick of constant calls (my number is on google from old business) I bought a new phone, new number.

I’ve yet to start using the phone but had it a few weeks. The whole time I’ve had it on and mostly on airplane mode.

The other day I turned it off airplane and sent a imessage from my old/current phone with a picture.

I got home from work two days later and I’d had 5 missed calls from various numbers on this new phone!

How is this possible? Is there some way just me texting it from my current phone has allowed the world to know the number exists?

Only other thing I’ve done is installed WhatsApp and again sent a couple pics from my current phone. Do WhatsApp sell your number?

I don’t have any contacts in the new phone, it’s literally virgin except one MMS and WhatsApp from me.

Constant calls drive me nuts hence the new number yet it seems it’s all a waste of time.

How is this possible?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Was your old phone and number using an iPhone too? If so have you signed in to the new device with the same iCloud account?

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
I don't suppose the phonecalls your getting are similar to your actual phone number? For weeks now I've had about 15-20 missed calls collectively off a number always similar to mine, just the last 3 or 4 numbers different each time.

F***s me right off.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Was your old phone and number using an iPhone too? If so have you signed in to the new device with the same iCloud account?

Yep. And I did, yes. I signed in and downloaded WhatsApp on my new phone.

But how would that associate anything as far as numbers go?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I don't suppose the phonecalls your getting are similar to your actual phone number? For weeks now I've had about 15-20 missed calls collectively off a number always similar to mine, just the last 3 or 4 numbers different each time.

F***s me right off.

I’ve had this a lot on my current phone, if it’s a mobile it’s a number that starts the same as mine actually (as I remember tho king it was odd the amount that were similar)

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had this a lot on my current phone, if it’s a mobile it’s a number that starts the same as mine actually (as I remember tho king it was odd the amount that were similar)
Just been through my Call Log and it's always the last 3 that are different.
And "Protect line" is another automated one.

I've had WhatsApp installed since Ive had the phone but this has only started in the last month! So it'd be interesting to see where they're getting the numbers.

My lady does all the comparison quotes, so I know it isn't them!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

F***s me right off.

Yeah the ones I've been getting are the same.

BG 182FF

Third-Party Information​

• Information Others Provide About You. We receive information about you from other users. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number, name, and other information (like information from their mobile address book) just as you may provide theirs. They may also send you messages, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you. We require each of these users to have lawful rights to collect, use, and share your information before providing any information to us.
Third-Party Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers and other Facebook Companies to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customise, support, and market our Services. We work with these companies to support our Services, such as to provide technical infrastructure, delivery and other systems; market our Services; conduct surveys and research for us; protect the safety, security and integrity of users and others; and assist with customer service. When we share information with third-party service providers and other Facebook Companies in this capacity, we require them to use your information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and terms. For further information on how the Facebook Companies help us to operate and provide our Services, see "How We Work With Other Facebook Companies" below. You can also learn more in our Help Center on how we work with the Facebook Companies.

I think this is the problem, conduct surveys and research for us
This is Facebook afterall.