ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride Height Eibach pro-sport help

mazda 2 sport white
hi all i want some Eibach Springs , but if some one as them fitted to a 182 full fat cupped could thay please give me the ride height from the bottom of the wheel 16`s to the top of the arch please , mine are 555 mm front and 556 mm
rear . i'm told Pros lower by 5-10mm and sports lower by 30-35mm
but my car is cupped so i think is 5mm lower than standard .so if sone one
can measure there ride height that would be cool . for the pro's and sport .:dapprove: thank

ridehight182withcuppack.jpg

M2 Competition
Get sportlines mate. Wont notice much difference with pro's if you already have cup pack. Sportlines will only lower by 25mm approx, but will improve handling lots.

Listen to fred, he is wise in the ways of suspension.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd go for the pros but only because I don't want my car sitting on the deck like some Maccy Ds ride lol

ITB BG 182
Im having the sports as i want the looks aswell as the handling even tho i have no intension to track the car...

mazda 2 sport white
Depends if you want to drive it or look at it I guess!

i dive it hard but if it's to low speed humps alot by me and on the ways to work and i don't want it to look like a boy racers car . i want better grip less spin and still want some comfort .

the sportline's won't get anywhere near speed bump clearing low, they're only a wee bit lower than the prolines.

ive had both on my car so my opinion is fair. I would go for the Pro springs.

M2 Competition
The sportlines dont lower it anywhere near as much as apex, and nowhere near speedbump heights.

Prob about 25 mm, still a biggish gap between wheel and arch.

mazda 2 sport white
the sportline's won't get anywhere near speed bump clearing low, they're only a wee bit lower than the prolines.

ive had both on my car so my opinion is fair. I would go for the Pro springs.

how about the comfort and are the pros about the cars hight now or a bit lower .

BMW M3
I dont get this " pros for go.... sports for show gash"

I wanted my car a little lower but maintain ride quality.

The pros dont lower the car really at all, where are the sports do realistically about 30-35mm.

Ive got the sportlines, find the ride hardly any harder then my non cup set up but it now handles much better......... and i live in a mine field of crappy roads and speed bumps and not once grinded or scraped anything..... tbh, i dont really see the point of the pros but ive not tried then so cant comment fairly, just know they hardly lower it.

Clio 172 mk2
I think the point of the pros is for people like myself who want to keep the car looking standard but improve the performance.

R

rich[182]

Simplistically aren't the Sportlines the same as the Prolines except for lower, their both progressive so surely the lowered centre of gravity of the Sportlines should result is less body roll & same or better handling than Prolines so I don't see the point in getting Prolines if you were anxious about the car looking standard etc because surely to anyone other than a fellow RS owner the car would look std anyway, because their not as low as Apex then Joe Public would assume it was std

regarding the difference between both eibachs

pro-kit lowers less on the front resulting in greater caster angle, more travel and better weight distribution...

sportline do look better...

Clio 182
Hi Izibizi,
Based on your comments does this mean the pro kit will make the car handle better than the sportline kit? May I ask what effect the greater castor angle will have on the handling of the car?
Regards
Rich

BMW M3
lol..... its a different ball game with them. Are they not like £750 or so. No thanks lol. I cant justify that cost with my type of driving (no track days etc...)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Coilovers arent for every one, sometimes i have thoughts of getting 4 new dampers and ebaich pros. They soak the bumps up so so well down b road hacks.....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! @ measuring from the arches. The cars are all bent as they leave the factory! ;)