ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ridiculously strong glue on my paintwork!!!!! Need advice

200 Cup in Shite White
I've got araldite precision glue on my bumper on the paint, it's quite thick probably around 1-2mm and rock hard.

Anyone know any products or ways i can remove this, preferably without damaging the paint?

I have tried hair dryer and white spirit etc and even a glue remover but had no luck

Would really appreciate some advice as it looks like a load of bird sh**e next to my reno badge

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
chances are mate its burnt into the lacquer . as mattjk says u would be best of wetsandind it down , try using 800grade paper wet with a sanding block then flatten with 1200 then go over it with 2000 then give it a verygood polish , should come up ok'ish if you have experience

ibiza cupra
try some standard thinners on it mate. should reactivate the glue and you should be able to wipe it off. failing that its a flatting job but try not to go throught the paint as it will then be a painting job.

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
try some coke, my old man was told to use it by the hospital when he got superglue in his eye , worked a treat :)

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
this happened to my brother on his saxo, ended up having to get it resprayed...

200 Cup in Shite White
yeah, going to need a respray it seems, wont budge. it's like trying to sand down concrete.

200 Cup in Shite White
so i managed to get most of it off with a small metal scraper and didnt damage the paint on the front of the car, had a bit on the rear and thats scratched a bit so gunna have to spray it