ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right, so how many of us have this problem?

A Beautiful R32
As above, who else has a problem with the car clunking while the steering is on full lock?

Just wanna get some numbers... So I'll start...

Me! I do!! :eek:

ant

yep.
just you i reckon.

the 300 threads per week about it are just a figment of my imagination.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Its your Drive shaft and its shafted!! Or the head of your suspension bracket under your bonnet has shifted...this however, is not shafted and can be moved back again!!

A Beautiful R32
Doubt it's the drive shaft... will take it into Renault asap, but if there's soooooo many of us who have this problem then:

1) It can't be too serious

2) Renault must know about and know how to fix it... I hope!

A Beautiful R32
lol... good point! I'll tell 'em whats wrong when I take it to them then!!

I take it the top strut thingy doesn't cause any lasting damage then? Knew it couldn't be a drive shaft problem as it still accelerates smoothly...

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I have had both things go wrong!! You gotta love warrenty!

Your right, if your still pulling away without one side 'sliping' its probabaly not the Drive Shaft.....You hope!!

Do you still have warrenty?

172 cup (again)
i have this clinking and knocking noise from my 172 cup when im on full lock to either right ot left. The car has only covered 28k but is now out of warrenty :( , what is the modification/fix?

A Beautiful R32
yeah, I only bought the car in November and I made sue I got a three year warranty... I guess I can take it to any official Renault dealer then??

Mine too. 2005 182 started in about November, only when its cold. Renault are blaming my steering geometry (when they tested it it pulled the wheel out of thier hands)? I'm having it checked tomorrow morning just to prove them wrong.
Wanna see the video of my clio doing it?

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
mine started about 6 weeks ago, steadily gettin worse. has gone into get it fixed on warrenty today, prepared for war tho because Reg Vardy are quite possibly the worst garage chain in the world for after sales service. (also get the distinct impression that they stick their fingers up behind my back because i dident buy my clio from them) checked the front turret top myself and found it had a bit of damage. So do they pretty much just take the angle grinder to them then yozza??

172 cup (again)
My car has a creaking/grinding sound when im on full lock in either direction but the sound also appears when i pull off slowly and when im coming to a stop even with the wheels pointing straight. Is this the strut or a bottom ball joint/bearing/driveshaft problem?! The car steers perfectly and the handling doesnt seem affected at speed?! Please help!!

I have a Ph1 93 Clio and I have only just started getting this problem... it doesn't happen on full lock or everytime when I steer the wheel, but only on certain corners and certain gradients?! I think its a bearing fault tho through trying to ignore it has annoyed me more, so off to the garage end of the week!

RenaultSport Clio 182
Yep Me Too I've only just got my 182 Cup Reg 05 glad I'm not alone ;) I've booked mine in under warranty for next week no questions asked so they must know of the issue..

Will let you know how I get on..

y0z2a said:
the fix is the slight enlargement on the top mount.

/y0z

May I know how to do that? Manually or there is a place where I can buy a replacement? And how does the top mount looks like if it has problem?

I am not sure if mine has this problem, I rarely do full lock. But I will hear some nosie when I pass the speed bump at slow speed, or when I do a few sharp turns (to test actually) at slow speed. It does sounds like from the top mount.

Ph2 172
rja, interesting you should say that, as it describes my car perfectly - and i got to hear every noise on the car last night after travelling home without Head Unit working.

172 cup (again)
MattW, took my car to local renault ystrdy to be checked, i mentioned the common fault & they seemed to know about it, i left my car there for 2 hours, they carried out the mod but when i drove out of the carpark nothing had changed, still making a noise. After the car being back up on the ramp for another 2 hours they apparently 'regreased' the anti roll bar bushes & hey presto its done the job!! they didnt charge me for the modification either so i cant complain. Glad its all fixed now :)

Maz

LY 200
Mine does it and fecking reno won't fix it cause they don't believe it did it before I had my suspension fitted .. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maz :)

A Beautiful R32
I'd fight that Maz cos blatantly a lot of us have this problem...

Gweebs, I think it probably does mate cos mine does it worse in reverse :(

Dirty E91
My garage couldn't find anything wrong with my car, had 3 people take it out and couldn't get it to "play ball", I even told them there is a tech note for the fix but they claimed it was for a different problem.

Defo worse when it is cold.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have it, it seems like the car developed it after about 6 months.

Also agree that its worse when cold.

VRS
i get thas as well! usually whe im reversing off me drive on full lock

could yoz or any1 else who knows how to fix it write a quick 'how to' so we can get it fixed???? or is it not a major problem??

Maz

LY 200
^^ Drop him a pm and ask him I think he would be more than happy to help .. best of it is Mike @ Rentech says its only £22.50 to fix IIRC...

I think we should get a list of VIN numbers going and write a letter as this is a common fault and I think they should be recalled for the work to be done ..

Anyone up for this .. ?? mass cliosport grrrrrrrrrrrrr to reno ... might work ..

Maz :)