ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ringing noise from engine

rs clio 172
hey wonderin if u cld giv a newbie some advice. i get a ringing noise from the engine at 3000 rpm it only ever happens at 3000 tho. any ideas????

rs clio 172
it happens in all conditions, whether i'm booting it or just rollin, but always at 3000. its loudest when im going slowly, prob cos of road/wind noise etc. as soon as im off the 3000 mark its fine again.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Sounds like a heat shield is rattling. But it would be more of a tinny noise rather than ringing.

Haven’t looked into that. Mines is almost like a washer or something gets hit by vibrations and starts to buzz for a second.

best thing to do is get the car jacked up and stick a mate under there while you rev it. bit of trial and error really. My heatshield only rattled when hot when cold it was fine. Is the noise only there when the engine is hot/cold or both?

Ok, if the weathers nice this weekend haul a mate over and get it up on some ramps. If he cant find whats rattling drop the car down while hes underneath for a closer inspection ;)

FF 182
Ha ha i have this as well and yes about 3k in all gears. mines most noticeable in 2nd when easing off for traffic or something like that!