ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP My 182

Honda ATR
DSC00069.jpg

clio.jpg

williams 2
unlucky mate, its a horrible feeling when you spank your motor. :(

PM me if your breaking it as i know someone who wants lots of parts!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
dude... you could of fixed that urself new bumper, arch and other bits u need, wheel? alloys couple of hundred quid... or is there something im missing?

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Tuff luck mate, how did it happen, looks like a canny whack.

The vrs should be fun - remap it

ST
These things happen mate...i took it out on both my 182 and my R27..its well worth it IMO no matter what car you have as 9 out of 10 times your insurance will never give you whats its really worth..

Honda ATR
These things happen mate...i took it out on both my 182 and my R27..its well worth it IMO no matter what car you have as 9 out of 10 times your insurance will never give you whats its really worth..

I paid 10k for the car back in August 07 and the gave me 8450 as a settlement.

b/g 182, meg tourer
gutted mate. sorry about the loss.
good choice on the vrs tho, my friend luke at jabba sport had a very fast one.

Titanium 182
Sorry about the car :( such a bad feeling,

Do you know which breakers its at ?

I would like your rear bumper if its unscathed :D

James

Clio 197
Sorry to see the car like that mate, especially when it came from the pic below. Hope you have fun with the fabia and at least your alright. Always a bonus.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Dont want to sound like an idiot but whats GAP insurance

A bit of a con imo. Basically its like top up insurance. Write your car off in a given time and they will pay out for whatever depreciation has occured.

It can be a bit of a con sometimes but it helped me out once, when I got ripped off buyin my 1st motor.

Bought it for £4k on finance rolled it and wrote it off within 9 months and insurance gave me £1500 minus £500 excess so a grand in total, claimed on the GAP insurance which paid off the rest of the finance (THANK F**K!):)

But generally you aren't losing £2500. When your car is 3yrs old, it isnt worth the same as when it was new, so why expect that much back?

If buying a new car, a handy tip is to check with your actual insurer. Many offer include a form of GAP insurance as standard for the first 12months of a cars life and prevents you getting ripped off by the dealers.

Paddy: admittedly, can be handy when buying on finance!